spots

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

More House...

One day I was having particularly pointless fights with the phone company trying to get our phone hooked up (which btw we STILL don't have) and Mario bought me an old door to cheer me up. Such a great husband I have!!! I actually really wanted to door and we made it into a headboard that he claims is too tall but we have yet to locate an electric cutting device so for now it stays as is.

An acquaintance of ours came over a couple of days after I finished the headboard, walks into the bedroom and says "oh, I don't like that at all." I was SOOO bugged. The one time she came to our apartment she told me she didn't like the painting I bought in France which is now in the entry way. What's with people thinking honesty is always the best policy??


So here are the before and afters of the bedroom, you can see both ends of the BIG closet we installed that I love. Also you can see the window that had at least 100 coats of paint on that we stripped. SO MUCH MORE WORK than we thought... And I'm really happy with the wall color, but after I got it all painted I realized it doesn't quite match the blanket at the end of the bed, and Mario responded "REPLACE the blanket, we're not repainting again!!" So looks like the blanket has to go.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

The house looks amazing! But I am not surprised because Adrianne can do anything. She could turn a pumpkin into a coach in no time. I want to visit! I need to figure out how my company will send me down to evaluate our Latin American business! Thanks for the blog, so much fun! Love-Tammy

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at your talent Adrianne!!! You inspire all of us to go out and re-decorate our entire houses. You can make due with anything, including foreign materials:) How is your Spanish anyway? Sounds like you are communicating like a native! Good for you!!!

Thanks for this fun update, can't wait to see more of your pics. I love the red door and the turqouise room + Chocolate brown, very modern:)

Adriana (la otra)

WashingtonDegn said...

Keep the pictures coming! I am so happy to finally see the house. I miss you!
Holly

Anonymous said...

no les prestes atencion a las cosas que otras personas dicen sobre tu casa. son personas tontas o celosas !!
a mi me encanto y puedo ver que han puesto mucho trabajo en hacerla tan bonita =)
nos vemos en noviembre.
ofelia

Anonymous said...

Your home looks beautiful. The pictures of the street bring back many old memories. Hope LaDee and I get to see it together some day.

Thanks for the news. We appreciate being included!!