spots

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's in a name...

It all started before Gabe was born...Mario mentioned to his then counselor in the bishopric that if it was a girl we would name her X. His counselor responded "oh, we love that name too. If our next child is a girl we talked about using it". Fastforward 2.5 years later, this counselor's wife and I are pregnant AT THE SAME TIME. Her due date is two weeks before me. I'm kind of freaking out, because we both want the same name but I DON'T want to be the copycat - two weeks apart...same ward... I end up getting my ultrasound before her and I find out we ARE havinga girl. I don't know what to do. I don't like to tell everyone the name before the birth because when the baby's not born yet everyone feels they can offer their real opinion, even if it's negative, and I feel I have until the birth certificate is signed to change my mind. But should I tell everyone early so I don't look like a copier and maybe intimidate her into choosing another name? Why am I the only person concerned about this?? Oh yeah, in Argentina only approved names are allowed so everyone has the same name anyway! No one cares about originality!

Then...she gets her ultrasound and it's a....BOY! Thus, coming this October to Rosario will only be one.............Lucia.

Middle name still to be decided.

And while we are shut-ins, I have been taking all Gabe's old onesies and making them girly. It's great fun. I also crocheted her little maryjane's with interchangeable flowers in different colors. My sewing machine is currently in repair, but when I get it back there will certainly be more to come!


































I've also been trying to keep Gabe entertained with clandestine outings to the little train at the park and visits from his cousin Pilar - equally as bored as he is! Don't worry, when we go out we use alcohol hand cleaner liberally!
and p.s. if anyone happens to be getting rid of baby girl clothes, we are accepting EVERYTHING!
sorry for the lameness of the photos, blogger and I were having a fight tonight.

10 comments:

Paige said...

Love the name! And if I didn't Id tell u and force you to change it despite your warning not to. I told everyone what I was naming b and was sure about it just changed it two times and didn't even come up with bea until we saw her- thanks Malcolm gladwell. Dying over your projects. So glad u getting a girl so your talents not wasted! How r u doing it all if gabe always home? Sorry illiterate typing on phone.

Linsey said...

Thank you for answering all of my email questions with a blog post, and obviously my reference to Dana's site was unnecessary. I love those crocheted shoes, I didn't know, though should have, that crocheting was also in your bag of tricks. Lucia is a darling name and of course so will its bearer be as well.

Amy said...

I love that name! It was actually one of the names we tossed around for Ellis for awhile. Congrats! And her designer clothes are darling.

Adrianne said...

crocheting is new - I learned on youtube!

Brown Sugar said...

did I spy with my little eye a pizza in the shape of a car and a heart? you are too much and I LOVE that rock landscape serving dish, so chic(I have to make fun of you about something b/c the truth is you are just superior at everything! I cant believe you crocheted shoes.) I love you.

Kimberly said...

1. Love the name.
2. I would have been stressed about the name thing too.
3. You are ridiculously talented and amazing.
4. I have no girl anything to share :(

Elvie said...

felicidades! i love that name. that was gonna be my baby girl's name! dammit. just kidding. :) but it is beautiful. luv the girlified onesies too. hugs, elvie

heidiram said...

I don't know what I am more impressed about . . . that you have onesies that are in good enough condition to be able to use for Lucia or that you are amazing and made them girly. You truly are talented.

Anonymous said...

Who the heck cares...name her Lucia, and be the copy cat eventhough you are not, and then freaking move home!! That will solve that problem, and it's just one more reason to move home Love you Misty

Tammy said...

You are amazing! The onesies are fantastic. Start a business already, Orange County moms would pay $40-50 for those! I love LUCIA. That is a fab name.