spots

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All business, No pleasure

Mario needed to go to LA this last weekend to attend a preparation class to take his physical therapy exam. I offered to stay home, I really did. But he didn't want to go alone, so I sacrificed and went with him. And while he sat in classes all day long, I had a nearly perfect weekend.
Saturday after he got out of class we went to the Getty center. I forgot how amazing it is. The gardens, the architecture, and after all that, massive amounts of great art as well. Better yet, Friday's after 5pm you get in free.
Mario as art outside the Getty Center.
I perused Montana Road and oogled everything in Jonathan Adler.
And I hiked in Palos Verdes. It's so beautiful there, how had I never been there before? looking back up from the bottom.
I started at the top and hiked down to the water. (Catalina Island in the background)
We also drove past the little house I lived in on Overland when I was young and single.
And visited the Oakland LDS temple.
I love LA - I'd forgotten how much. All the fantastic little neighborhoods in Westwood, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach. All the beautiful hiking, walking on the beach, little cafes, and great stores. Too bad the traffic is HORRENDOUS and living there is rather price prohibitive.
oh, and Mario felt his class was well worth it. If he needs to, I suppose I could make the sacrifice and go again...

6 comments:

Paige said...

So glad you went and had a fabulous time! Love the pictures. Loved the house on Overland. Wonder if She is still there....

Brown Sugar said...

so jealous...of the trip...and being young and single in LA. If Mario needs to go again perhaps you should bring a hiking companion, yes?

Sally said...

I am so glad you came here. I wish we had been able to spend more time together! Please come again.

I got your thank-you gift. Very, very cute, and totally unneccessary. But I love it--thank you!

:)

Erika said...

Wow blue sky, warm weather. Seriously, don't you even want to come to Canada.

wackywilsons said...

Jared and I went there last summer...the Getty Center.It really is so amazing!

I am so glad you made the effort, and it makes you really appreciate NOT having all that traffic.

Did the kiddos do okay without mama and papa?

Christie said...

Adrianne - your gift has been sent in two parts. Watch for part one from a company called WHCC, part two from me. Hope you like it! :-)