spots

Thursday, October 13, 2011

August Review

I still have hope of this blog somehow forming itself into a blogbook and becoming a record of our family history. However, I really may have to find a new platform as the tediousness of uploading photos and my inability to really control their order or do much formatting is starting to drive me nuts.

Anyway, here is my first catch-up post. August began with a quick trip to LA for a visit to the Argentine Consulate. We made a weekend out of it and enjoyed the beautiful weather that typifies southern California.
The kids at Santa Monica Pier.

You may not be able to tell here, but the kids loved the beach and neither were afraid of the waves.

We walked around the Long Beach Harbor after our visit to the acquarium.

The kids had a GREAT time at the acquarium, but Mario and I both agreed it was worth it only because we got in half price. It's kind of small for what they charge for regular admission...and every acquarium will always be compared to Monterey for us...

They loved the bird exhibit.

In other August news, Lucia started a tap/jazz/tumbling class and she not only looks totally adorable in her dance clothes, she actually goes without crying and likes her "tappy tappy time". Quite a change from Gabe who REFUSED to participate in any kind of class at her age (still does actually!)


We also celebrated Mario's 36th Birthday with a homemade ice cream party. The Dulce de Leche was by far the biggest hit, and it was amazingly delicious, if I do say so myself!

Aren't the kids cute?? now let's stick them in bed so we can actually talk and enjoy ourselves!


For most of the month, Mario and Gabe went to Argentina and Lucia and I stayed home and ate a lot of frozen treats. It was too hot here to even enjoy the pool.

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Ah, the wrap-up, I am years behind on those. I meant to call you on Monday, which I why I did not acknowledge your birthday, but I didn't, obviously. I love you anyway though, I promise.