spots

Friday, April 11, 2008

Obedience

Some time ago, my friend Paige wrote a very helpful blog about the stay-at-home mom fashion dilemma. Paige often has an uncanny knack for saying things exactly as they are, but you couldn't quite put them into words yourself. This is a big part of why her blog is great and you should read it. But I digress (plus I think all of my readers are already fans of Paige's blog). Anyway, when I read her excellent advice, I had to obey. I immediately started searching out Lucky hoodies online. I discovered a couple of disheartening facts: 1. the current dollar-peso exchange rate makes Lucky brand hoodies prohibitively expensive and 2. the only ones currently available either weren't as cute as Paige's, or didn't have a zipper (gasp! sweatshirts are NOT as comfortable/cute as hoodies).


So I had to expand a little upon her advice and came to the conclusion that she meant any cute hoodie would do. So I bought three.



1. The DC hoodies with 3/4 sleeves and cool big buttons and ruching around the neck.


2. The Old Navy sweater hoodie with cute little pockets


3. The O'Neil surf-girl hoodie in a fashionable chocolate brown with cool something stamped on it.


They don't have the cool hood lining of the lucky hoodies, but I am still very excited for fall to come so I can start wearing my new purchases, brought to me by Marianne. I will next be trying out the not-a-dickey and the Anastasia Brows in Bloom recommended by Tammy. If I didn't pick my girlfriends based on appearance who would I turn to for fashion advice??

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I slightly confused as to why I didn't get a mention in the fashion post?

Paige said...

Any fashion sense I may have is ALL from you. The hoodie was a lucky find. If I was a good friend I'd just send you mine. But I wear them every day. I"ll think about it.

Jessica's comment made me laugh out loud. She is cute but not so bossy, thus we don't have to obey.

Lorena said...

Wonderful! I need to get mine in preparation for BP so that Paige can see my obedience (and Jessica, too!)

Linsey said...

I am not allowed to buy any clothes until I lose the last 5 lbs. of baby weight - almost there!! Venezuela prides itself on betting at the cutting edge of high fashion, I'll let you know if that includes hoodies.