spots

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Truly Perfect Day

Last week my most lovely and dear friend Marianne was in Buenos Aires with her husband, who had to work. So I organized three different babysitter into shifts and got on a bus at 5:00 in the morning and went to spend the day with her, and it was a magnificent day. We started the day in the rose garden in Parque Palermo, then wandered through all the pictoresque streets of Palermo Viejo window shopping in boutiques.

We had a delicious lunch sitting on big couches in a very chic restaurant, and eventually made our way to the leather district where in typical Marianne-Adrianne fashion, Marianne went home with a big piece of raw leather for "projects" rather than something ordinary like an already made leather purse.
It was honestly soooo great to have an entire day alone together with an amazing girlfriend. It was comfort food for my soul. I love my husband and my baby dearly, and I have a very good life. But there is just something so regenerating about having time alone with sisters/girlfriends. Please come visit again soon!!

4 comments:

sickmuse said...

now that I let the nanny do all the work I have time to come visit. I'll start listening to Evita to get me in the mood.

Anonymous said...

woops - Rachel is the nanny - that was me Erika.

Linsey said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad you had such a lovely time with Marianne.

Jessica said...

That makes me so happy for you! Ryan needs to get started on his international traveling business.