spots

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

S is for STRAWBERRIES!!

To my intense delight, strawberries are currently in great abundance and incredibly cheap, and I have been buying them by the crate full! Gabe loves them.

He has started saying "Mmmmmm" very loudly whenever he puts anything tasty in his mouth. Here is a video of him really enjoying his strawberries, and then just for kicks him mooing like a cow. Warning: you may have to be related to appreciate this.

Apart from plain, fresh strawberries, strawberries with sugar, strawberry smoothies, and strawberry shortcake, I've also make strawberry pie, and cupcakes with strawberry filling and strawberry frosting. I have to tell you, the strawberry frosting was so incredibly good I can't stop thinking about it and may have to make more.

While I have been basking in strawberries, the Purple Pie Man has been playing tennis. Lots of it lately.
And Huckelberry Pie has been making friends with the rich and famous. He met Barney recently at a birthday party and didn't have any problems going right up and smacking him on his over-sized head. He danced it up with Barney later, so it appears Barney appreciated the get-to-know-you gesture.
The birthday party also sported a big inflatable bouncy house, which I had to help him in. Seriously, I love those things and was only too happy to get in it with him. Maybe I'll rent one for my next birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have watched the little video over and over. I can't stand being so far away from him!!

How do you make strawberry frosting? You'd better share that one.

Mom

Ashley said...

I'm w/ mom - it kills me that he is so far away from here. But,maybe someday your/our dream will come true & we will live by eachother & Gabe can ride his bike to my house, etc...

Can't get over how freaking adorable he is & how big he is getting. I love you all so much!

Bekah said...

Hi Adrianne! I got your comment on my blog and it was fun to hear from you. We'll see how this nannying thing turns out! :)

Your little Gabe is so cute! That's so fun about strawberries. I hope all is well!

Brown Sugar said...

ohmygosh! that is the best idea, I am totally renting a bouncy house for my next birthday!!!!! oh yeah, gabe is really cute and did you steal those earrings from me? the wooden hoops?

Anonymous said...

little man Gabe could not be any cuter! I love you you constantly create things... write a book - 101 things to do with strawberries!

Jessica said...

Man, here in America horsies just say Neigh. Try that one.