spots

Monday, October 19, 2009

October Festivities

We've had a good month. And while I realize there is more of it left, I'm desperately hoping to be unavailable so I thought I should post now.

First, we celebrated my birthday. Apart from the Stake church activity I was in charge of, very nice, calm weekend with a pedicure, dinner at a fun new restaurant, and lots of desserts. Then a few days later I had a surprise baby shower (no camera, didn't know) and then the next day my American girlfriends treated me to lunch and more fun gifts (forgot camera, am a dork). Couldn't ask for more.Gabe LOVES to sing "cumpleaƱos feliz" to anyone who may or may not be having a birthday. He finishes it off by blowing/spitting. It's adorable, really.
Mario and I were in charge of the Halloween dance for the young adults at our church. I went with a sea theme for our costumes. Gabe repeated his turtle costume, Mario was a man-eating shark and I was a jelly fish with absolutely no padding in the middle of this costume. Apparently my costume ideas are a bit obscure because no one ever knows what we are until I explain. I guess next year I should just go as a witch! We danced all night trying to induce labor but it didn't work, I'm still pregnant.
Sunday was Mother's Day in Argentina, and here are my two favorite guys wishing me Feliz Dia Mama. Lots of family was in town and we had delicious fondue for dinner and it was a lovely day.

Now can I please go into labor???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that Lucia is waiting for Nana to get there so just hold your horses!!! I'm leaving here the 28th, will be there the 29th!! I'm so excited!!

wackywilsons said...

You are amazing with your creativity! A Jellyfish? You are adorable~~~

Any last minute pre-baby thoughts???

Rockin Chicks said...

I love the jellyfish, wish you lived closer so I could borrow it. I hope my package makes it down with Nana Smart. And yes, go into labor already and hatch out that adorable little girl who is bound to have long lashes I am sure of it.