spots

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Yeah for Carcinogen Spraying!!

We have a mosquito infestation here. Seriously. So. Bad. You can't open the doors to enter or exit without 50 flying in the house. Every night I walk around with the vacuum sucking them up (amazingly effective) and douse us all and Gabe's bed three times a day with Off! Lucia sleeps with a mosquito net over her bed.

The other day I was ranting (surprise surprise) that I couldn't believe the government wasn't fumigating. Especially since we have Dengue here. I don't know what I imagined spraying involved, but I certainly wasn't prepared for what I saw today: a pickup truck driving down the street with two guys and a tank in the back, letting out an enormous cloud of chemical smoke. It sprayed all over a huge crowd of people waiting for the bus! I was so confused it took me a few minutes to come to my wits and take out my camera to snap pictures while driving. I chased it for a few blocks trying to get a better picture but couldn't see well enough. This is about a block away.

And now it's raining so all the carcinogens released into the air are probably for naught.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I will so miss your Argentine-ism posts.

Brown Sugar said...

NOT THE DENGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

wackywilsons said...

Does this mean I need to be worried about mosquitoes???

Erika said...

If you die, can I have your kids?

Tammy said...

Ah the 3rd world country debaucles! We will miss them. But maybe with all that toxic spraying they will kill all the bugs in Argentina and you will live a bug free life?