spots

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Forth Trimester

Yesterday Lucía completed three months of life. She weighs 13 lbs 12 oz. and is 24 inches long.
She has started smiling and cooing and sometimes even laughing, and it's magical to hear.
We celebrated by getting out some new (recycled from Gabe) toys to stimulate her. Gabe is highly amused by her, loves to be next to her and regularly tells me "mom, she's moving!!!" He also tells me she can't do some of the things he does because she's "muy little". Her first three months have not been so easy. She cries an average of 5-6 hours a day. But because she doesn't have a fever and gains weight, it's all classified as "colic". I hate the word colic.
On Monday the ped finally gave her an antacid that seems to be helping. She's down to only about 2 hours a day of crying. a relief.My baby update email yesterday said she should be able to start sitting up with the support of pillows. WHAT?? I'm not even going to try. I don't even check to see if she can lift her head, because why would I look for signs of growth?? She's still my newborn, and I am so.not.ready for that to change. I love the way she curls up next to me, how she holds my finger when she's nursing, and when she's done eating she just nuzzles her head into me. I am so in love with this little baby girl.

8 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

it kills me that I have not met her! your children are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey where are you coming to the us to live???????????????????

Paige said...

Love her! thanks for posting. I'm dying I haven't met her either. 2 hours a day of crying is still too much Adrianne. I'm worried for you.

Vero said...

I also hate the word colic!
Lucía es tan linda y Gabriel es un tierno hermano mayor!

Tammy said...

She is so pretty, love her beautiful skin color~ and of course am so happy you have a little girl now. I cannot wait to see her in person. About the crying....that sounds like an awful lot?? Have you tried switching to soy? or cutting dairy? or acid reflux medicine? All of these have helped other little crying babies I know. Its like a science experiment, try diff things I would say. Miss you!

Jessica said...

Maybe you should remove all Romney girl clothes off of her. Maybe that will help the fussiness? I have fussy babies, you know!

Linsey said...

I hate that she cries so much, are you doing okay? She is darling though, and most definitely a Resek. Having a girl looks like fun!

wackywilsons said...

Seriously...don't grow up Lucia! Enjoy her precious and tiny self!!