spots

Friday, January 29, 2010

Take a Number and Wait in Line

Wednesday we spent the entire day in Buenos Aires doing "tramites". And I mean we started at 7 am and didn't finish with the last appointment until 8pm. But we got it all done. Lucía is now a US citizen with a passport and social security number on their way. She also has an Argentine passport in process. Mario had bloodwork done, x-rays taken, and a medical review to demonstrate that he is acceptable health-wise to be admitted to the US.
In the middle of this hideously hot day, we had a couple of hours to kill while waiting for the lab results to be available and found this park. They lend out reclining chairs for free and have some sprinklers to get wet and cool down. Mario and Lucía joined all the 50+ year old sun bathers in the sprinklers and I laughed out loud at the Argentine addiction to "taking sun". We were the only ones who intentionally sat in the shade!!
And Lucía had her best day yet - happy all day and no problem taking naps while waiting in embassies, doctors offices, walking, etc. I think she just likes to be out of the house!

I was playing with the rapid shot feature on my camera, but I spared you and only included here 3 of the 30+ pictures I took.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those laughing shots are soo cute. She seems blonder than Gabe?

And YAY for all the stuff you got done. I'm so excited.

Tammy said...

Argentina, with all of its differences, is such an amazing and interesting place. I loved my time there, I must say and I want so badly to return before you leave....but not sure if that will occur? A park with rented chairs and sun basking>I love that. I mean, that sounds fantastic!!!

Cia is beautiful, looks an awfully lot like Gabe, and has gorgeous skin tone. I love the laughter shots.

Missing you.

wackywilsons said...

She looks just like Gabe! I am so glad you guys got so much done. Por fin! I also can't wait to see you here!

Carla said...

It is true. Porteños are kind of addicted to tanning, that must be why women there look so damn good. When i travelled there, I got this Buenos Aires rent in a modern new building. There was a deck in the last floor, with a pool and chairs so I would go 1 hours a day to get tanned for the Summer. Apparently, many girls do that!