spots

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Destiny Fulfilled

A photo summary of our summer.
Lucía is getting very close to rolling over. I am not encouraging it because signs of growth and development make me sad. Gabe loves to help me in the kitchen, and loves every kind of batter, dough, etc. I don't mind if he dips his fingers, but we're working on it being just his fingers and not his entire hand.
Gabe is randomly in love with corn on the cob this summer, and asks for it at almost every meal.
It's official, Lucía is a major thumb sucker. I love it.
We've spent lots of time this summer playing in the water - either on our patio or at the local pool. Gabe can now hold his breath under water and float - it's time for swim lessons!!

Now to the real subject of this post, Mario and basketball. In Argentina there are no school sports, so people play for clubs. Mario played club basketball all growing up, as well as before and just after his mission. Then he had to stop and get serious about school. But his old club in Colon invited the previous championship teams to come play a "friendship" game.
There was just something about walking into the gym with my two small children and hearing the pound of the ball and the squeak of shoes against the highly polished wood floor that made me feel like my mom, hauling us to countless basketball games of my dad growing up. Destiny had come full circle.
Gabe wants to play too, even though the ball is too heavy for him to throw very high.

2 comments:

wackywilsons said...

Mario looks like a giant next to those little boys on that court! I love that you are going to his games. I went to one of Jared's a few weeks ago, I totally felt like a "mom." Especially when cheering him on! So funny.

Lucia is adorable, those eyes are so beautiful. Growing up is so sad...but, she is so cute!

Cecilia, Adan & Cia. said...

!! Lucia has a totally girl face now that she is growing... BEAUTIFUL.. and about she becoming a tumb sucker, well i have this expensive BITTER product from SWITZERLAND i bought for Aaron so he stop doing that cause his teeth are a mess!! and he starts 1st grade, hope it works, Adan sucked his tumb till he had his firts YM camp:-p¿¿??!! kisses