spots

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lucia 5 Months


My little lovey girl turned 5 months old on Saturday, and I cannot believe how fast the time is flying.

At her check-up on Monday she weighed in at 16 lbs. 13 oz. and 26.5 inches long. That's the same length at Gabe at this age, but a little over a pound lighter.

She rolls over and then scoots around almost like she wants to crawl, but annoyed that she's face planting in the ground. So we've pulled out Gabe's walker and she's enjoying being upright. She can barely reach the ground so moves a little but not much, and as expected, everything she can reach goes to her mouth. When she can't reach anything, in goes her thumb.

As she learned to communicate from Gabe, she is full of happy squeals and shreeks, especially about 5 am, when we then have to move her basinet out of Gabe's room so she doesn't wake him up. She smiles by opening her mouth huge and wide and has the most adorable laugh. She is very friendly and loves to smile and laugh at strangers.

I gave her her first taste of banana this week, and she gobbled it right up. But her favorite is still nursing, and would just sit and suck for hours if I let her.

She is my absolute love bug, and I cannot get enough of her!

5 comments:

Ofelia said...

Oh,she is sooo cute =).

Ofelia said...

Che are you coming to Buenos Aires soon? Say hi to Mario for me tambien !!

Jessica said...

What a cute big girl! Bring her up here!!

Ashley said...

Seriously...I can't believe I haven't met this bundle of cuteness in real life yet...she's SOOOO adorable and I'm NOT patiently waiting for your arrival to the U.S.

Mar said...

love it. love you. you need to catch me up! a house for sale...what's next? hope you are well. happy easter.
xoxo - mar