spots

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Raising a Girl

I recently had a light work week, so was finally able to get around to a project I've been dying to try - making baby shoes. It was harder than I thought - working with the small sizes, adapting a pattern for what I wanted, and finding ones that would stay on her feet, but I think we had a pretty good first run. She ended up with 4 pairs, and I would have kept going but Mario was tired of the mess all over the kitchen table and some new work projects came in...



I even made leather ones!!! But leather isn't soft and flexible like fabric, so they're too small. But as soon as I can I'm making more!
(Baby Brown, these will be your first gift from Aunt Adri)

5 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

your baby shoes are blowing my mind!

wackywilsons said...

I am SO impressed woman!!! When you get here, you need to start selling on esty.com


Way to be creative!

Cecilia, Adan & Cia. said...

HERMOSO ADRI!! A ESA CHICA LE QUEDAN DIVINOS LOS ZAPATOS!! FELICITACIONES!BESOS, CECI.

Tammy said...

Ok, how often does someone decide to try something TOTALLY NEW and perform like a superstar designer instantaneously? Oh, um...Adrianne does that. I mean, I am going to brag a bit....she makes jewelry, furniture, crafts of all kinds, clothes, shoes apparently and she took on a free lancing job and is not afraid of a single thing. New stuff gets thrown her way, and she accepts with ease. I really truly love having amazing friends because they remind me that we can ALL do anything if we set our mind to it. Kudos to Adrianne for rocking just about everything.

Ofelia said...

Amazing!!You are incredible talented!!Amazing amazing...