spots

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

Yesterday Lucia turned 6 months old. A half of a year has passed. I can't believe it. We've been going the rounds with dr. check-ups this last week. She now weighs 18.5 pounds and is 27 3/4 inches long. We went to the cardiologist on Monday and the two small holes in her heart she was born with have closed. YEAH! We're waiting for the results of her anemia studies to see how she's doing on that.

But whatever the studies say, she acts like a growing, thriving, funny, lovey baby. She loves to be in her "activity center" and won't even sit in the bouncer chair anymore. This girl wants to be up and on the move! She mumbles "mamamamamamama" all the time, so I'm guessing her first word is MA!

She wants to eat all the time. Not just nurse, although she would happily live doing nothing more, but she watches the food everyone else is eating so intently, and tries to grab at it. Her diet so far consist of: cereal/polenta - likes it, bananas - likes them but only room temperature, not cold, grated apples - not such a big fan, carrots - gobbled them up! Next we'll be introducing squash and sweet potatoes. With Gabe, I couldn't buy baby food in jars because it didn't exist here. Now I see it in some stores, but it seems so processed and gross compared to fresh food that I haven't even really considered it. Plus, I love that really quickly I just get to the stage that whatever we're eating goes in the food processor and she eats as well.

When she's on the floor she rolls and scoots all over the place, and she gnaws on everything. I'm guessing crawling and teeth aren't too far off. Man we love this little girl!
Cute new shirt I "made" sewing some flowes onto a onsie that I cut off into a t-shirt.
I seriously could spend all day making clothes for her!

4 comments:

wackywilsons said...

You should go into a clothing line...such talent there. She looks so much like Gabe...such a cutie. I agree about the baby food. It is just better all around to make it; healthier and cheaper...well worth the extra effort.

Tammy said...

You are awesome, love that you make your own baby food. Its so easy I don't get why more people do not do it. She has gorgeous skin and eyes! When is she becoming an Arizona baby?

Cecilia, Adan & Cia. said...

SO GOOD THAT YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR BABY GIRL!!! IS THE BEST! LOVE, CECI.

Nicol said...

I came across your blog today, I really enjoy reading about American's in other countries. Anyway, I think it's interesting that you have a baby named Lucia who is almost the exact same age as my baby named Lucia, who we call Lucy. My Lucia was born Oct 30. :)