spots

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Gabe Turned 3!!

Last Saturday Gabe turned 3, and requested a farm animal themed party. Here is the photolog in reverse order since I am no longer able to change the order of pictures in blogger. Can someone please help me??
Here we are tired but happy after a long and beautiful winter afternoon playing outside.
The kids pinning the tail on the horse. All played, except Gabe who refused to wear the blindfold. My handsome boys - the younger of which didn't get his hair combed for the party because his father was in charge of dressing him while I went ahead to set things up. oh well. Gabe ADORES his dad, and is sad every.single.day when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap and his dad is at work. And he loves to tell anyone who will listen that now he's big and plays golf and football (soccer) in the grass with his dad.
Gabe hitting the piñata.
Blowing out his candles while I hold back Celeste who blew them out the first time around.
So happy we are singing to him!
Running across the basketball court with their pinwheels. They were supposed to be decoration but made a great activity!
Cupcakes decorated with farm animals accompanied giant suckers, white chocolate covered popcorn, number 3 sugar cookies and mini caramel apples on the party sweet table.
Gabe and Roque in the fantastic barn my niece Vicki painted on the giant piece of cardboard I found in a dumpser in front of my house. I made little beanbags for them to throw through the windows at each other and the kids had a great time.
The dessert table with the piñata and the souvenir bags for his friends. I made little coloring books and we gave them to the kids with crayons and modeling clay.
I am 3!!! (his thumb is up you just can't see it.)

This was my fridge the day before the party - the door wasn't closing properly so I called the repair man, and he had to remove the door and take it with him to fix. So I baking and preparing for a party with a fridge covered in cardboard. nice.

The kitchen table more or less looked like this the whole week previous to the party - and every day Gabe asked "is this for my party"? "are Roque and Felipe coming to my party at the church?" "can we have my party today??" "can I see the candy inside the piñata? just a little bit? Can't I just eat one piece mom??" anticipation. it's the foundation to appreciating the moment!

2 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

I am totally overwhelmed by just trying to feed another human. You are blowing my mind.

wackywilsons said...

I just copy and paste my photos if they download out of order.

I can totally relate to all that an Argentine birthday requires...b/c we did it. But, you do it so much better! With less resources! I totally want one of those cupcakes.

can I hire you to be my party planner?