spots

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This Land is My Land

and this land is about to be their land as well.
In 19 days we will be boarding a plane with 6 suitcases, 4 carry-ons and 3 "personal items" and headed to Arizona to start the next phase of our lives.
This Saturday we will have a massive garage sale in a country that has no clue what a garage sale is and disperse of all of our wordly goods. I am too busy to think about how I "feel" about it. Mario wants to price everything super high due to emotional attachment. Gabe tries to "prender"=vender=sell everything for 2 pesos to anyone who happens to come to the door. He's totally into the whole sale idea. Lucia is busy eating any bits of paper that happen to fall to the floor.
So if you have any clothes/dishes/beds/furniture/kitchen items/appliances/toys/etc that you're in the process of eliminating from your home, we'd love to take it off you hands! Oh, and a nice, economical place to rent for a few months? oh, and a car to buy? oh, and a job for a not yet licensed but very experienced physical therapist? we're looking for all that as well.

And now you know why I haven't updated my blog header photos - impossible to get a decent one of the whole family!

8 comments:

Julie said...

congrats on the big move! Any trips to DC planned?

Anonymous said...

No way, I had no idea that you were thinking about moving! So exciting! I hope all goes well for you during the move :)

Martababe said...

I didn't know you were moving back to the States. Good luck with the move girl. It does make me happier to know you will be closer. I think you will need to take a family vacation to Hawaii!

Erika said...

Seriously, did you not even consider Canada? We need physical therapists too and it's probably a million times easier to immigrate here.

Mar said...

oh my. good luck to you my friend. hang in there. wish i could help! you amaze me by what you can accomplish.

Trifunovici said...

Smarty!!!!
Welcome back to the US baby! Exciting that you will be here now! Are you going to stay with your family for a while?
I am sure Mario will find a job quickly! Otherwise, he can open his own business and make a bundle:)
Make sure you let us know your numbers once you get here. Bon voyage!
Mirjana Ivan Atos

wackywilsons said...

Those candid pictures are fabulous.

I can't wait to see you!

robin marie said...

so fun! i didn't know you guys were headed to arizona! i'm jealous!