spots

Thursday, October 14, 2010

10-10-10

Sunday was my magic birthday. 10-10-10. That will never happen again. Crazy thought. It was also magically fabulous. My big day coincided with a trip I had to make to a work meeting on the east coast, so I stayed a few extra days to see all my wonderful girlfriends in DC.

Oh, and Ashley, Lindsay and Olive decided we needed to make it a super girls trip so they accompanied me. It was fabulous.
I flew home on my birthday day, and Mario had prepared an adorable little party with pink plates, pink napkins, pink balloons, pink suckers, and pink candles in a chocolate turtle cake. And in the not pink box was a new sewing machine. YEAH! (and my mom said he did it all himself!)
Lucia and I at the botanical gardens with the US capitol in the background.
In old town Alexandria where we only entered 4 stores but I still managed to spend too much money. We had to go to carriers because boutiques aren't made for strollers. I love Olive totally passed out from exhaustion.
Lucia and Olive hanging with Lindsay at Eastern Market while we waited for our crepes.

Marianne and I. I LOOOOOVE this lady. I want to be her when I grow up. Because I suck, I somehow missed getting pictures with Linsey, Emy, Holly and Catherine, other fantabulous girlfriends I saw on the trip. Man how I miss these girls in my everyday life.
Lindsay, Ashley, Noah, Marianne and Lucia outside DC cupcake.
As you can see, our weekend went something like this: talk, eat, talk, shop, talk, eat, talk, eat, talk, shop. Living abroad for so long one of the things I desperately missed were the interesting converstaions with my educated, witty, intelligent, thoughtful, insightful, politically up-to-date friends. This weekend was like water in the desert and I soaked up every bit of it.

4 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

You saw ALL your wonderful DC friends, I am offended.

Tammy said...

Mario rules!! That is awesome and so glad you had such a fun time with the girlies also1

Mar said...

I love and miss you. it was so great to see you - congrats to Mario on the tennis success! That's sweet. Cannot believe you MADE PJs for Christmas - your family amazes me with their talents. Love and miss you dearly.