spots

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lucia's 1st Birthday!!!

My baby turned one, and in a feat of determination she started officially walking the day before her birthday. She's also had two more front teeth come in, so she's looking far more like a toddler than a baby. My one year old Lucia is:
  1. fearless. I put her at the bottom of the slide at the park thinking she'd just hang out, and before I could finish attending to Gabe she had climbed the stairs and was ready to throw herself down the slide. I sat her down and let her go and she LOVED it.
  2. Opinionated. She is generally happy, but will let out a shreik only dolphins can understand if she wants something. Anyone have advice on how to make that stop?
  3. Laughs a lot. really, she's a funny baby and one of my favotie things is to lay on the floor and tickle her and listen to her giggle.
  4. Addicted to her blankie. When it's timeto go to bed I hand it to her and she snuggles her face in it, sooooooooo happy, pops her left thumb in her mouth and goes right to bed. She doesn't stay asleep great always, but she goes down easy.
  5. Great eater. She'll eat almost anything, and eats a lot - more than Gabe most days. But she'll only drink milk if it's warm. And she loves to rub her food in her hair. If I was fanatical about her having clean hair I'd seriously have to bathe her after every meal.
  6. She adores her mom, and the feeling is mutual.
We had a family party for her on her birthday and here is the pictoral evidence.
demolishing her cake. At least I removed her shirt first.
toddling around, loving all the people to give her attention.

Ready to blow out her candle, or just grab at it.
We played games that were all about Lucia. Since she loves to eat anything and everything off the floor, she had a race to see who could eat the most cheerios. I love that Lindsay has abandoned playing and is just shooting Matthew with a water gun as he attempts to compete, that Misty does it while holding a baby and that my dad is as into it as any of the kids.
eating baby food. Lucia is a great eater, of anything but baby food actually, but it worked for the game. racing in diapers full of lemons. It was difficult to determien a winner since all confessed to cheating.
The birthday girl and her papa.

Lucia and Kallie on her new horse.
Waiting for the party guests to arrive, in the 2 minutes that her headband lasted on her head.
So happy this girl is in our family!

5 comments:

Linsey said...

Happy Birthday to your less and less of a baby girl. I love how into the party games your family was. I'm glad Lucia is in your family too!

Jessica said...

Those games are so fun. I never get that creative for baby's birthdays. You're awesome.

Tammy said...

You continue to inspire me....look at those adorable decorations and the fun games. She looks exactly like Gabe. Its amazing how much they are similar looking. Both gorgeous.

Brown Sugar said...

can't wait to have that exact same party, food, games and decor in 7 1/2 more months.

I love Lucia, I even find her crazy shrieking endearing.

wackywilsons said...

What fun games! I hadn't heard of those...the lemons and the baby food. What a riot!