spots

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Conversations with Gabe

self portrait


Gabe frequently tells me "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSSING OF ME," and it's really annoying to me, and tonight after we calmed down from the most recent challenging of authority I sat him on my lap and told him:

Me: Gabe, you know that before you were here on earth you lived in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus, and when you were born They sent you to me and told me I had to protect you, and love you, and teach you to be happy and be the boss of you. Just like Nana was the boss of me when I was little.

Gabe: and Jesus sent me here to be with you and papa and Lucia?

Me: yes

Gabe: and Heavenly Father and Jesus told you to be the boss of me?

Me: yes, so I could teach you how to be happy

Gabe: and did they tell you that when I say "you're not the boss" you could yell back "YES I AM!"?

Me: um, well, kind of?




and not 5 minutes later we walk downstairs and I move a pillow on the couch only to find a large and long lock of blond hair.

Me: Gabe, what is this? Did you cut Lucia's hair?

Gabe: It was an accident!

(at this point I burst out laughing because how classic is this?? after composing myself I turned to this very bewildered boy who was obviously expecting to lose his life)

Me: Gabe, we don't cut people's hair. Ever.

Gabe: Only Aunt Allie can cut hair?

Me: Yes, only Aunt Allie because she went to school for a long time where they taught her how to cut hair, and we did not.

Gabe: no, my school only teaches me Noah's Ark.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

1. You are a good mom.
2. I think Jesus told me to yell too.

Tammy said...

OMG, hilarious little guy isn't he?!