spots

Monday, July 11, 2011

I I I Idaho....

My mother is from a very small town in Idaho with something like 500 people living in it, approximately 350 of which she is somehow related to, or has known for so long she's not really sure if there is a blood relation or not. We visited there frequently growing up and although I never wanted to live there, it has a certain enchantment for me. The weather is gorgeous. It's so green, with beautiful flowers every where.

The first week of July we had a family reunion and a majority of my 28 first cousins, their spouses and children where there to celebrate. It was truly a fabulous week. No matter how seldom I go, I feel so loved by me 6 (5 living) uncles and their wives, and love so much to spend time and reminisce with all those cousins. Gabe had 10 male cousins between the ages of 3 and 5 to play with daily. I felt like I hardly saw him - and he is my clingy kid.

Ashley - Lucia, Olive and Gabe having strawberry soda on Aunt LaDee and Uncle Noel's porch. My aunt LaDee was a home economics teacher for many many years and let's just say that he home is functioning perfection. It was amazing to stay with her.


Ashley, Lindsay and I left the kids with my mom and drove up to Jackson Hole one day - beautiful place, we were sad we didn't have time to do more hiking or biking or something.

The famous antler arches in the center of town.

Olive, Hayley and Lucia just fooling around.

Travis playing the guitar while we all camp out on the front lawn waiting for fireworks to start.


Lindsay, Olive, Gabe, Birdie, Ashley.


Pulling the rocking horse around to ride while we wait.

The small - ha ha - flag they fly at the park across the street for the 4th. Small town America is a great place to celebrate the nations independence!

Lucia playing in Uncle Noel's backyard. The diversions are endless!

Waiting for candy during the parade.

Listening to Cara and other performers at the Forth of July festivities in the park.


Hanging out in the grass, drinking more soda. Man did those kids get their fill of soda this week!

Brigham, Alex, Jayna, --,--, Cade, Kallie, Ashley, Khloe

Colton, Gabe, Lucia, Olive

Lots o cousins hanging out on the 4th.

Lucia, Olive and Khloe (Birdie) matchy-matchy thanks to aunt Ashley.

Alex, Misty, Lucia, and Mindy at the town breakfast.

Cade, Khloe and Gabe chowing down pancakes.

Lindsay and I AFTER the town 5k fun run. I won't mention my time, because it's not something to be proud of! (I swear it was the altitude)

The veterans who performed the gun salute. The same ones that were at my Grandfather's funeral a few years back, and we were quite sure they were going to shoot us!


Gabe, totally annoyed that he had to get hosed off after playing in the mud.


All the boys creating the mud pit.
Baby Olive enjoyed the mud pit as well!
Uncle Noel taking the kids for a ride. Who wouldn't love this??

Uncle Jay organized a family cemetary tour - all the graves belonging to family members had been marked with flags.

Misty and Josh at the family reunion. We are dumb and I have no big group pictures.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That post was super awesome. I love seeing all your nieces and nephews because they all look like their parents. So fun.