spots

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas in Santa Fe

I just spent my frist Christmas away from home...and I'd say it went pretty well. Sunday after church Mario and I came home and after 2 weeks of asking me every day if he could open them, we finally opened all the gifts from my family. Later that day we drove to Mario's brother's house a couple of hours away and had a great Christmas Eve dinner with Mario's parents, Paco, Alicia, Pilar, and Alicia's dad and stepmom. The dinner that Alicia prepared all by hand and then just stored in the fridge at a local caterer was delicious!
At midnight we toasted and watched all the fireworks set off by various neighbors, then went inside just as it started to rain and opened gifts.
Christmas day we had lunch with Mario's extended family in Santa Fe, then headed to the POOL! The Smart sisters will be pleased to hear that Mario has so taken to diving sticks that we have not one, but TWO sets of sticks, which we play with at the same time. Mario, Paco and I played until we drew blood.... great times. Here Pilar lines them up to throw for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, finally caught up on your blog now that I'm home from the long Kauai Aloha- loved your top 10 and what a fun Christmas you had! So happy for your and your fabulous life.
Love, Paige