spots

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week 39

According to official counts, I am now 39 weeks pregnant, and I have to say, I am NOT enjoying this stage so much. Perhaps because the rest of my pregnancy was so easy I'm too much of a light-weight, or perhaps because I've been harboring a nasty cough that landed me in the ER after coughing so much I bruised my ribs and then couldn't even breath, who knows. Or maybe it's just normal - total discomfort all the time, a feeling like someone is over-inflating my abdomen and there is NO MORE SPACE, going to bed is not even appealing because I can't get comfortable... I've given up on any kind of shoe with a lace, and even started asking Mario to put my socks on because the smashing of the stomach that comes from trying to reach my feet results in terrible heartburn and nausea. Official due date is June 14th, but I praying we don't make it that long. If any one knows of random home remedies to induce labor, PLEASE SHARE! I've even tried to get Mario to learn acupressure, but his response is that we can just call the doctor and demand a c-section if I can't handle it ... not helpful.
Me attempting to stretch out some over the exercise ball.
Mario and the BIG BELLY.

6 comments:

Abby said...

I'm laughing hysterically, probably because I know this is all coming my way soon. Hang in there. I've been told lots of walking can get labor going if you are close. Anything is worth a shot! You look fabulous, if this makes you feel any better. I'm a little worried given that I'm only 26 weeks and my belly is already almost the size of yours!! Maybe I'll stop growing? Any home remedies for that?!!

Julie said...

I had to laugh at this as well, I wish I could be there with you! you do look amazing! I especially love awkward photo of you on the exercise ball...hilarious. Seriously though I feel for you. I vacuumed my floor right before I went into labor, they think thats what put me into early labor. It may have been a huge faux pas though, so I am not sure I would recommend that. Having puked more than 400 times during my pregnancy, I really can't say that I feel that bad for you, since you have felt good almost the entire time. Buck up and take it like a woman. J/K good luck..and remember to keep an eye on your people magazine while you are in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

home remedy? Induce that sucker so that you are ready to play by the time I get there!

Rain in My Head said...

I've heard that castor oil can get that baby (and everything else) moving pretty quickly. :) Worked for my mom and the entire labor to delivery was 1 hour and 10 min. Good luck with everything. And by the way, you look fabulous!

Mindy said...

adrianne-
you look fab. i can't wait to meet little ______. what name have you chosen for him? i hope you find some comfort in your home stretch. viva argentina!!! p.s. your post about the stamp thing made me laugh out loud.

Martababe said...

You really do look great. I'm sure all you want is that baby out of you. My midwife told me sex and walking can sometimes help induce labor. Didn't work at all with Olsen who was 2 weeks late. But Gabriella did come 2 days early. I think the baby comes when the baby comes.......
I can't wait to see pictures of the baby.