spots

Monday, September 29, 2008

Please Lie to Me

I went to get my hair cut and restored to it's natural blond glory the other day and here is a rough translation of my conversation with the salon owner and head stylist, Tulio Toledo.

TT: Have you seen us on channel XX, we've been on every Sunday giving style advice, etc.

Me: No, I never watch television, but what kinds of things are in your program?

TT: We analyze women's hair and faces and tell them what would work best for them.

Me: Oh yeah, what would you recommend for me then? I want a change, but I don't really want to cut it short.

TT: No, you should definitely NOT cut it short. You're tall and tall women look terrible with short hair. You, you're easy because you're a pretty girl. You could do almost anything with your hair because you're so cute. I mean, you're not perfect, your nose and all, but you're still a cute girl.

Me:.................. I was just thinking it was a good thing he clarified my nose issues or I might have run out to audition for America's Next Top Model.

Clearly Thumper's lesson on keeping your mouth shut is not a common part of Argentine childhood because they're all about TOTAL HONESTY here!!!

6 comments:

Paige said...

That guy is so rude! What did he say was your nose issue? And how does your hair look?

Jessica said...

What?!

And you SHOULD audition for America's Top Model. Your rack would distract from ANY nose issues.

Misty Smart said...

Adrianne- Gabe is hilarious. I can't wait to pick you up at the salt lake airport and hang out with him and you for a couple of weeks. love josh

Leticia said...

Sorry, I think that it is part of any Latin culture to not hold our tongues...thus I have the nickname "vaca" (cow) for obvious reasons (two of them actually)and we do not know when to shut up! But you should be a model!

heather said...

I think you look great...and you are right though, honesty is definately a part of Argentine/ Chilean culture. I used to get comments all the time about being "gorda" or "embarazada" on my mission.

wackywilsons said...

So....are you going to post a pic of this emotionally draining haircut visit or what???

You are beautiful! Nose and all!