spots

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Boy or Monkey??

Have I mentioned how I think my child is unusually strong?? Yesterday I put him down for a nap and as I was leaving his room he was expressing his disagreement with nap time by grabbing the rails on his bed and shaking them while hollering. As I have been sleep trained, I just left and shut the door. He settled down quickly and took a fabulous nap. When he woke up, I discovered that he had broken one of the wooden rails in half!!

Clearly he has outgrown this bed. While some may be tempted to say he is ready for a "big boy" bed, Mario and I are in agreement that we will just have taller, stronger bars made.

Pilar is visiting us this week, so Tuesday I took them to a museum. It wasn't airconditioned, so we didn't stay long. Pilar is a very quiet, orderly, obedient 4 year old, who is utterly confused as to why cher cousin should be so disobedient and rambunctous. I love this picture of them in the pool because Pilar's face expresses so well her feelings about having to play with Gabe. She was trying to keep her hair dry, and Gabe wash NOT cooperating.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I normally like to import all holidays, but it's waaaay too hot here to even think about cooking or eating all that food.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Most adorable monkey ever! I've got some naughty kids and they've never broken a crib- Pilar is too cute and I loved the pics from the quincianera!

wackywilsons said...

This is a first...you didn't bring Thanksgiving to Argentina? I am sure you'll make up for that by eating yummy empanadas instead.

I loved those pics of Gabe in his bedroom, very candid and real! He is all boy. makes you sit and think, "what ever happened to my baby???"

Unknown said...

Oh what a STRONG monkey he is! That is too funny and one for the record books. Does he crawl up on the changing table that's attached to the crib??

Jessica said...

He looks so crazy in that first picture--what an awesome shot!

Tammy said...

I love that you have a little monkey, he is a cutie and boys are just plain wild I have decided....enjoy the next few years of wildom!

Erika said...

hey ! happy 18 months old Gabe. Does the nursery have an evacuation plan in place? can't believe how strong he is - cute baby.

Catherine Savitsky said...

I'M just impressed with your spelling prowess... I'd never be able to spell rambunctous.