spots

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Halloween

The church was decorated with all the great things sent by my mom and Ashely.
Complete with a graveyard and ghosts, and I don't have the pictures but a really great haunted house.
And I even got Gabe to wear his costume - for a while anyways, and without the hood.

The pirate, his parrot and his treasure.
I don't think most people really understood mine or Gabe's costumes,
but I think Mario made the best pirate ever.Our great friends Claudio, Stephanie and Stephanie's mom also made it to the party.
And while there was no trick-or-treating, when I wasn't trying to control the monsters in the haunted house, we did get a good amount of dancing in!

10 comments:

Linsey said...

You have outdone yourself as usual. I think your costume is ingenious, Gabe is adorable, and Mario smacks of Jack Sparrow.

Paige said...

So glad it went well! Gabe's costume is the best. I love your theme. lay up your treasures unto heaven...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Fabulous! You are such a smart girl; wonder where you got it? Did you have enough boas for Gabe's costume or did you have to buy more? That was a lot of work. Next year you can let Mario go as a shower, but he made a great pirate!!! Loved your "treasure" costume. You are so smart!!!
Love, Mom

Ashley said...

Awesome job on the costumes! Yours is ingenious & Gabe is completely adorable. Mario makes a fantastic pirate, perhaps he & Allison can get together the next time you're all here & they can exchange pirate tips...

Tammy said...

adr-u have outdone yourself!!

Julie said...

ok that parrot costume is about the best thing i have ever seen, i need details on how you made it!

Tammy said...

I just remembered that you met Mario on Halloween...so happy anniversary of meeting the man of your life! How fun! and your costumes are awesome!

wackywilsons said...

I am so proud of you! How the heck did you pull that one off?I would have probably just moped around and felt sorry for myself without having Halloween. Good for you!

Mar said...

only you could have done so much with a cultural hall! brava! (by the way...you owe me a call! i've tried you 20,001 times lately - to no avail...) hope ye are well, matey. arrrgh...

Linsey said...

Nicola and Andrew are Lauren's brother Andrew and his wife Nicola. Remember Kenny's friend Andrew? Dated your old roommate Kim once upon a time...that Andrew?

Nicola is lovely and they are currently living in Hong Kong.

It probably is all TIA too, so few people we know get that about where we live.