spots

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Please Stop Talking - Pregnant Woman Present

For any of you not yet aware, our family will grow to four the end of October. That makes me just barely four months pregnant, looking slightly chubby but not decidedly pregnant yet. However, I reside in a place where people feel entitled to tell you exactly what they think about you at all times, so here are so recent comments I have been subjected to:

At the vegetable stand...
Vegetable wife: Are you pregnant?
Me: (completely dumfounded that someone would be asking me this while I am wearing a sweater and jacket) um, actually yes, but why would you ask me that?
Veggie wife: because your face has completely changed, so I knew you must be pregnant. Husband, She is pregnant!
Veggie husband: oh, how nice. You are going to have a boy, I know it, you don't need an ultrasound now.
Me: um okay (totally irritated, how does this almost complete stranger think he knows MY body??)

At church...
Me: Hi, how are you, I haven't seen you in a while..blah blah blah
church lady: oh look, your hips are getting really wide, that means you're going to have a girl!
excuse me?? I'm still in my size 6 jeans, maybe you're confused by the pleats in my skirt??

So apparently it's open season for commenting on my body/life/reproductive tendencies/etc. so feel free to comment away!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!! I totally feel your pain on the pregnant comments. It is like open season/no filter required on pregnant women. I was once asked if I was pregnant because my nose was spreading when I wan't even pregnant! And knowing you, you look fantastic. Hope you feel good and have a healthy pregnancy.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!! I totally feel your pain on the pregnant comments. It is like open season/no filter required on pregnant women. I was once asked if I was pregnant because my nose was spreading when I wan't even pregnant! And knowing you, you look fantastic. Hope you feel good and have a healthy pregnancy.

Erika said...

wow! Many congrats - it's soooo exciting... and now you are a pro at the pregnancy thing. I love all those rude comments. My favorite is when Connor was 5 days old and I went into a store without him and a lady asked me when I was due. ouch. Also, my dad ALWAYS says to us "It's nice to see they're making fashionable clothes in the larger sizes now." It's a wonder we get through that 9 months with our self-esteem in tact. wish I could have hooked up with you and Jess for the girls weekend... would love to have a Jess, Tiff, Adrianne and Erika Reunion sometime.

Paige said...

These people are unacceptable and have nothing else to say so open their big flappers to say something.

Tammy said...

Dude, who are these people?? First of all, you looked like you could share clothes with me and i am not preggers, and wear a size 4 so if someone is saying a size 4/6 is big, wide or anything else can seriously look in the mirror themselves....the nerve! you are a fantastic, gorgeous, stylish, trim, slim and slender girl with our without that little softball sized baby that is propped out in front. U look GREAT!!!!

wackywilsons said...

Hilarious!!!

I got comments way too early about how big I was and how I must be having twins...

Some people are just obnoxiously rude.

Towards the end, someone even asked me how much weight I had gained b/c I looked so big! Seriously!