spots

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Playing Catch-up

That seems to be my MO with this blog...

A couple of weeks ago we were experiencing unseasonably warm weather here. So we took advantage of it and spent the day at a kids farm nearby. It was fantastic. Gbe LOVED all the animals and it was clean and beautiful.

"zashy, Mingos!!!"

The woman working there came around an got really annoyed that everyone was trying to feed the horses bits of hay that were about, "We've told EVERYONE they are NOT to feed the animals! It makes them sick!!" Yet there was NOT ONE single sign anywhere saying not to feed the animals. We stopped anyway, I just thought their lives might be easier if they actually put up a sign or two.
They day after our visit to the farm, the cold came with a vengence. And that week was "preschool week" in Argentina (random holidays, whatever) so his school celebrated with special activities all week, culminating in a preschool birthday party/costume party on Friday. Since I am expected to be birthing around Halloween this year, I was happy to put emphasis on this costume extravaganza and made Gabe a costume for this event instead. Trying to learn from my failures of last Halloween when I conned my mom into sending me tons of feather boas and then spending hours hand sewing them into a parrot costume that Gabe refused to wear, I attempted to fool him into thinking he was just wearing "normal" clothes...with a small pillow velcroed to his back!
and thus I present Gabe the turtle.
He had fun at his party, and even wore the costume!!
In other family news without photos, Mario has almost finished the golf lessons I gave him before I left to the US (thinking he would use them all while I was gone and not annoy me with this demand on his time, but not so) and is loving them. He is now telling me he needs golf shoes.
I also just finished my first round as teachr for the Self-Employment Workshop that our church offers. It was quite an interesting experience and I liked it a lot. Now if only I can find more ways to make my ifluence felt on the merchandise available in Argentina!!
And like father like son... Gabe and Mario give a shout out to Uncle Matt before heading off to church last Sunday.

7 comments:

Erika said...

what - no b-day party pics? that's so great about the teaching job you now have - the best of both worlds right... career and motherhood. I love the updates... and just to clarify - what do you mean by cold weather?

Brown Sugar said...

Uncle Matt wishes he would have known gabe's capacity to remember and imitate b/c he keeps telling me he wishes he would have picked a cooler hand gesture, something more obscene (this is the father of my unborn child, I am scared.) I love Gabe's costume!

Paige said...

LOVE the costume.

Paige said...

But the feather boas were insanely impressive too.

Ashley said...

Love that Gabe not only associates me with gua (aka Diet Coke), but mingos as well. Love the "tua" costume & I'm sure Gabe does too...Miss him tons...

Ashley said...

Love that Gabe not only associates me with gua (aka Diet Coke), but mingos as well. Love the "tua" costume & I'm sure Gabe does too...Miss him tons...

wackywilsons said...

Gabe makes a great turtle and model...