spots

Monday, August 24, 2009

Babybook Help!?!

One of my current goals is to finish Gabe's babybook before the 2nd child arrives. As of a month ago I had finished up to about 2 weeks of his life, so it is taking a LOT of time to catch it up, time I'd rather spend on fun new crafty projects.

I bought a basic album, like a scrapbook album that I could put anything in. Then I bought a set of basic babybook pages such as the one below where you bsaically just fill in the blanks:
At first, I was trying to be super creative and create fantastic spreads with adorable baby pictures. But they really weren't that cute and it was taking me FOREVER. So then I just divided all the pictures by month, printed out anything interesting I had written about Gabe on my blog that month, and created really basic collages such as the one below.
This is going much faster and I think if I didn't have 2 years to catch up, wouldn't be so overwhelming. For special occasions, such as first birthday, I tried to create more interesting (read: labor intensive) pages.
(This page looks so simple now that I uploaded the picture, but it seriously took me over an hour to compile)
Part of my problem though, is I don't know when I'm done??? His first year? His first two years? When I get too bored/distracted and give up? And what system should I use for baby #2??
So please, dear blog readers, tell me what you do for babybooks, what worked well or not, and how long I have to keep this up!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I scrapbooked the first two months of Elliot's life in TWO scrapbooks, gave up and called the blog good enough, though this also makes me feel guilty.