spots

Saturday, November 21, 2009

10 Pounds of Love


who doesn't love a baby in a long nightie??
Yesterday marked one month of Lucia's life. I can't believe how the time has flown by. She has gained over two pounds and grown two inches, and she's my little doll. She's pretty colicky and still yellow so we took her to the doctor yesterday and they ordered a bunch of tests to find out what the problem is.

I had her head shaved when she was born (Argentine tradition, did it on a whim), and her hair is growing as fast as her body!! It must be something in the water here because I certainly contributed NO genetics for thick hair, and Gabe also has a TON.

She likes to sleep on her stomach and wakes up crying if I try to put her on her back or side.

She sleeps a lot and in that in-between stage from eating to sleeping she lies calmly in my arms and smiles and makes funny faces and I love it so much I sometimes forego my own sleep just to keep her little body next to mine and try to absorb every single second of her babyhood because I know it is so fleeting.

We're so in love with you our little Cia!!

6 comments:

Lorena said...

She is adorable!

Brown Sugar said...

She is amazing! I can not decide who she looks like in those photo's but she looks good so that is all that matters. I can not believe she is already a month old! she is practically going to be driving age by the time I get to see her.

Mar said...

Oh, such a sweet phase of life - enjoy that little one in your arms. happy holidays to you - missing you. sorry i've been MIA - we'll catch up soon. so happy for you and Mario. Such a tiny sweet babe.

wackywilsons said...

I should've shaved Isaac's hair so it could grow in! She is so so so sweet...can't wait to hold her.

Amy said...

You have such cute kids, congrats on all sorts of happiness! Saw your mom in Lucia's blessing pics. I kinda miss your family right now! When you have the time, I'd love an update on all of them.

xoxo

Catherine Savitsky said...

So glad to know she's a tummy sleeper... I'm a HORRIBLE mother and let my kid sleep on her stomach too.