spots

Thursday, April 12, 2007

International Shopping Sprees

I have nurtured a long-held belief that each part of the world holds an advantage in a distinct shopping opportunity. That is to say, you buy shoes in X country, gold in Y country and diamonds in Z country. However, my experiences in international travel and shopping have led me to the conclusion that ALL shopping is better in the USA!! As an enormous importer and consumer of goods with relatively low to non-existent import taxes, we have managed to get the cheapest prices on just about every commodity.

With that in mind, I made a trip home in March to participate in the great art of consumerism. It was fantastic. I shopped until I was literally sick of shopping, and still I persevered with the knowledge that shortly I would not be able to shop.

While there I managed to shop with Tammy, Paige and Jessica, and I'm pretty sure all my sisters were as burnt out on shopping as I was.

Tammy checking out the belly at an outdoor mall in Tucson.

With Jessica's daughter Jane in one of 783 home decor stores in 2 1/2 days.


I did manage to stay out of the stores long enough to watch my brother's three kids while he and his wife went on a cruise. They are cute, but I was not too distracted to shop online when nap time kept me from making it out of the house.

No comments: