spots

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blog-worthy??

I have noticed there is great liberty in what is considered blog-worthy, but I will contribute the following hoping my loyal readers find it as entertaining as I did!

Blog-worthy comment: My nephew Franco was at my house the other day, and I was talking to the baby in English. Franco looks at me and says "aunt, but the baby can't understand English!" Silly me, I was not aware that babies born in Argentina understand Spanish, not English!

Blog-worthy happening: The other night I handed the baby and his pijamas to Mario and told him it would be most helpful if he couldn't put the baby's pijamas on while I tidied up, and then I would nurse him and put him to sleep. Mario is very careful and precise in all things, and that combined with a fear that he will hurt the baby, and the fact that he was watching some kind of sporting event on television at the same time (any event involving a ball is carefully monitored in our household) means he is not particularly quick when changing the baby. After a few minutes, he called my into the room urgently to see something, and when I arrived he pointed out a significant amount of liquid in Gabe's ear. I asked Mario if that came out of his ear - thinking Mario had spit a fine stream of water, as his is known to do at me. But I didn't see any beverages present, and Mario seemed slighlty alarmed. So I start poking about, notice sprinkles of water on the changing pad beside his head...feeling a stream of water across his clothing, and ask "how long was he without his diaper on???" Yes, Gabe had peed lying down, so it shot straight up and landed in his ear as he was looking sideways... Mario claimed this means he should no longer be allowed the change the baby as he is not very good at it. I told him it just means he needs more practice.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hilarious, yes I recommend that Mario changes all diapers from this point on. Hes got to get back into the saddle. Jason once cut Elliot's finger while clipping her nails, and he hasn't picked up the nail clippers since.

Paige said...

Congrats, he's been baptized by fire (pee). Obviously he needs lots more practice.

Celia Fae said...

Tell Franco that I always think foreign kids are really smart because they can speak the language. And Mario needs a PeePee TeePee if he's going to let Gabe go commando.

Jessica said...

I'm still confused about Mario's propensity for spitting liquids?

wackywilsons said...

I am secretly jealous that you are speaking to your baby in English! I wish I were too! But, alas, I am doing the Spanish thing (wishing i were in foreign country so I could speak my native tongue of English!) Funny how our roles are reversed...

Definitely don't let Mario off the hook. Once a guy stops doing something (loading up the dishes, diapers, hand washing cars, etc) they will stop doing it all together! He will get better...

He may have peed on the floor, but has he peed in his face? If not, he has plenty of more opportunities:)

Nortorious said...

Doesn't pee kill germs? Sometimes you pee in crazy places. Amazing how you just don't care when it's your kid. One time Mimi pooped IN MY FACE. I sat there stunned and screaming until D came, but somehow I was not offended.

Ashley said...

OK - can't get over how freaking cute my nephew is! Can't wait to come & visit & start the brainwashing about how Auntie Ash is the bestest auntie in the whole wide world. Love you!