spots

Monday, July 09, 2007

Changing of the Guard

Last week Matt and Lindsay arrived, and my mom left. My mom leaving was terrible. Her last night at my house I sat on the couch with her and just cried. In part because she was the most amazing help ever, and in part because I hate that Gabe doesn't always get to have her around, she is the best grandma ever, and I'm sure also in part because I am not entirely emotionally stable these days...
We traveled to Buenos Aires last Monday to meet Matt and Lindsay and spent some time touring around until Tuesday late afternoon when she headed to the airport and we headed back to Rosario. Above we are at the Recoleta Cemetery.
Here we are at a mall - I needed retail therapy to help me get over my mom leaving, and we are having an incredibly cold winter making outdoor activities (meaning shopping in boutiques instead of malls) impossible.
Here I feel the need to put a disclaimer about my chubbiness. I know this is ridiculous and vane, but as Celia so insightfully pointed out, blogs are all about old acquaintances looking you up to see if you've gained weight. Let's just say that this photo is a bad angle, I don't look that bad in real life. Or maybe the last picture in this entry is what Paul Harvey likes to call the rest of the story...
Gabe has been doing lots of bonding with Aunt Lindsay, who currently holds rank as favorite Smart aunt, but Ashley, Allison and Misty can still be in the game with visits or more gifts! :)

Meeting Uncle Matt.

The carnage after our fantastic meal at a steak house in Buenos Aires. We don't know why, but they kept giving us free food - two entrees and champagne (which we had to politely refuse) to finish the meal. The best part is that each dish comes with 6 tiny side salads, plus an assortment of 8 more for the table - like a buffet but without the creepy feeling like you are sharing your fork with a stranger. It was delicious. Gabe had to take a bottle so I could concentrate on my food.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Just so you know, EVERYONE cries their eyes out when their mom leaves after the after-the-baby's-born visit. I cannot even imagine having her leave the country. Solution: move back.

wackywilsons said...

I love your idea of "retail therapy." that is what I just finished doing with my Nordstrom-a-holic blog...check it out for sure. I think you look great too! No chubbiness at all, especially considering that you are wearing a sweater in the winter time!!!

Gabe is a babe.