spots

Monday, July 09, 2007

What, you want my opinion??

I'm not going to lie, I really love Subway, as in the chain of sandwich shops. I realize it is not on the same plane as The Italian Store in Arlington, or Delmonico's in Danville, but there is just something about a whole lot of filling options that are almost as readily available as McDonalds. We got our first Subway here in Rosario about a year ago, and I rushed home in euphoric joy to tell Mario about it. He didn't understand, but he pretended to be excited for me. There are now two Subway Sandwich shops here in Rosario, and I frequent them.

On mine and Lindsay's first afternoon without our spouses, we of course took a cab all the way across town to eat at Subway. As we were savoring our deli meats, a man approached us and asked where we were from. Now, even though he was effectively demonstrating the amount of time he spends in the gym with his form fitting Subway polo shirt and and equally form fitting slacks, I was suspicious. For some reason it really annoys me that I am always considered a foreigner, an outsider. I live here - leave me alone! However, he then asks a magic, attitude transforming question, "Can I get your opinion?" Finally, someone wants my well-formed and most important opinion on how they should run their business! Jessica assumes everyone wants to hear what she has to say. I think they should want to hear what I have to say. Needless to clarify, I was delighted to share my opinion that more filling options, more flexible workers, and refillable fountain drinks would make all the difference in their business plan.

I have no photos of our Subway visit, but a blog without photos is rather boring so here are other recent random shots.

Cute Gabe today in a rare moment of wakefulness.

Us forcing his new toys upon him.
Looking very handsome in his outfit from Grandma Pat.

Matt is an ardent Suns fan. Mario loves the Spurs. Mario decided to twist the knife a little and welcome Matt with the above display in our entry way.
Matt and Lindsay at the monument to the flag.
We visited again at night to see the new lights on the monument in honor of Flag Day, which was a couple of weeks ago, and Independence Day, which is today.
Gabe looking very serious.


10 comments:

Julie said...

he is so stinkin cute! and his outfits, he looks like a little man! You look fabulous and I especially love that you posted a nursing photo! Lindsey looks fantastic, I miss you guys! I can't help but laugh when i read your blog! somehow you can make the most mundane things seem extraordinary. You inspire me to be funnier!

Jessica said...

Okay, when I said he looked like your side of the family, I was completely mistaken. He looks like Mario. Period. And that's why blogs are great, everyone chooses to come to it, so they can hear your opinion on everything.

Paige said...

You look great. Not at all fat. Thanks for all the new pics! Lindsey is the best sister ever for coming there. Love your baby and glad about the Subway thing! What opinion did he want?

Ellie said...

Gabe is more delicious then a toasty turkey with cheese at Subway. I want to gobble him.

Ashley said...

OK - so I love the manipulation in force regarding being Gabe's favorite auntie. What's really unforunate (for me), but fortunate for you - it totally works. He is SOOOO beautiful & I am DYING to see him. I promise I will be there within the next couple of months.

LOVE the greeting Matt got from Mario - love family rivalries. You look great and I love you!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linsey said...

Gabe the fashionista is out of control. You look fantastic and he is getting cuter by the second! Wish we were there to see him in person!

Celia Fae said...

I get the Subway thing. Sometimes you just have to have all of those veggies and that weird meat. They are Crack Sandwiches. I'm glad you have something familiar to eat. Do the fountain Diet Pepsi's taste the same there?

WashingtonDegn said...

Adrianne, you only love Subway best because you haven't eaten a Potbelly sandwich. So yummy.

Gabe looks so cute, and you don't look at all chubby! Someday soon when I'm a kept woman I'll fly down there to see you!

Rain in My Head said...

I love that serious picture! So cute! He has the most gorgeous eyes. And I promise the sleep thing gets better eventually (and then you have another one ;)). And BTW, you look fantastic!!