spots

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Conquering the Couch

Gabe is a funnier kid every day. Lately, he gets really hyper before bed time so we have about 30 minutes each night where we just play and wrestle on the floor. It's really fun. The other night he tried to climb up on the couch. When I got out the camera to film him, his fascination with the camera pulled his attention from summiting the couch. That's when I had to refocus him by putting his favorite forbidden toy - the remote control - on the back of the couch to distract him so I could film.

First he tries and tries then gives up and gets distracted by other toys.

But the distraction is short-lived and I barely turned the camera back on in time to catch him wiggling up onto the couch.

Now that he has done it, and been filmed doing it, we are trying NOT to encourage couch climbing as we feel it won't be so "precious" when he's 5.

Ashley - as you can see here he claps when anyone says "muy bien" or "yay", which for me counts as bilingual.

* please forgive background noise from both the tv and the heavy breathing filmer

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is a triumph. Esp. with the slippery couch. Your child is cute. And a genius.

Jessica said...

1) I'm happy to see the extremely oversized orange cushion you carted back from Spokane.

2) Totally bi-lingual.

3) Your child's videos may be the only ones I consistently watch on blogs. Because I love you.

wackywilsons said...

Gabe sure is a cutie, thick long hair and always dressed up so preppy like...I love it! That big diaper bootie is adorable too.

I personally think your sprouted bangs are cute....blond hair (even if it's thin) is so beautiful, so good for you! You look like a bright shining star with all those arms and legs sprouting out;)