spots

Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Good Sunday

Here is Gabe all ready to go to church on Sunday. And this last Sunday he behaved SO WELL I have to post this a little for posterity, and more to remind myself to be thankful that I really have a pretty good baby.



My previous strategy had been to sit in the very front, side bench, next to Abuela who plays the piano, where I can create a little corner of toys for him to play with and contain him
in a small area. However, the last few Sundays have turned into a maul-a-thon with him trying to escape his small play area to climb up on the dias to see dad, climb all over me, etc. This last Sunday, I left him in his stroller, pushed the stroller to the front, turned it around so he could look at all the people (don't we all wish we could do that anyway??) and randomly passed him toys while I actually listened to the meeting. And every time he opened his mouth to make a peep I popped a goldfish cracker in. Worked like a charm, and even though he was exhausted and had missed his nap, he sat there the entire meeting hardly making a noise. Now we'll see if we can repeat it two Sundays in a row...

5 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

Gabe looks like a true Argentine gentlemen in that photo, especially since it appears he is wearing denim to church. Is Mario jealous that your no denim on Sunday rule(even if you are visiting another ward) not apply to Gabe?

Adrianne said...

Those are NOT jeans! I have not caved! They are simply navy blue pants that aren't quite as navy as the sweater...

Linsey said...

I have the no denim on Sunday rule too - though I might have inherited it from my parents.

Caleb eats more on Sunday than at other time during the week all in the name of keeping him quiet. Do what works.

Tiffany said...

Loved talking to you last week! What a treat! Gabe is so big and so adorable! And the family picture on your side bar is beautiful -- well you are beautiful, Mario is handsome and Gabe is just too cute.

Strollers are great for church. Sometimes I get the feeling that there is some unwritten rule in the states that strollers aren't allowed at church. But the 3 years I worked in primary I put my toddler (Loie and then McKay) in the stroller every Sunday for 2 hours. It was perfect. They had their own private space, they were contained and they were well-fed!

Tammy said...

He is gorgeous!!! I miss you, stay strong....just know that you are a wonderful, caring, selfless person and these trials you face now will make you stronger.