spots

Monday, October 27, 2008

Relaxing Like the Old Folks

For my birthday and Mother's Day this month, I asked Mario to send me away for the weekend with my friend Janette to a place called Villa Elisa. This is one of the many cities in the bordering province that has built vacation complexes around the thermal springs found deep beneath the earth. There isn't technically a minimum age to get in, but let's just say the average age is about 75 and basically what you do is loaf around in various pools of distinct temperatures all day. Supposedly all the minerals in the water are good for your health, but all I know is it was about the most relaxing weekend ever. This is what we did:

went on a bike ride through the little town and along the country roads.
wore my bathrobe around all day
lounged around in the pools, read two books and 4 magazines, listened to a lot of NPR on my iPod, got a pedicure, a facial and a body scrub.

I am now well rested, well read, and well hydrated. Good thing it was only two days or I could have been really well bored.

And just because they are so cute, here and Mario and Gabe at the driving range.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend but so sorry you came home to a sick baby!

We have some little golf clubs here. Wish I could put one in an envelope and send it to your little guy.

I love you!! Mom

Ashley said...

Yes - your guys are so freaking cute. Gabe would be so cute w/ the little golf club set mom & dad have at their house...wish he was here!

Brown Sugar said...

Bike Rides!!! you know how I feel about bike riding, warm water on the other hand makes my tummy hurt so I guess the hot springs wouldnt be for me. What NPR shows were you listening to? This American Life? awesome huh.

Jessica said...

That sounds so lovely...maybe we should have gone there for your bachlorette party??

Erika said...

Geez... and I thought Halloween was the only great thing about October. And way to go Mario - I'm sure D. would not go for that one.

wackywilsons said...

Way to go! Livin' it up in some hot spring...how fun:)

I love it!

Paige said...

What a great trip. The shot of Gabe and Mario golfing is priceless. He's teaching such a lifelong country club skill. Kind of like our excellent tennis.