spots

Thursday, October 04, 2007

4 months

Tomorrow Gabe is 4 months old, and here is a reporting of his 4 months check-up yesterday. He now weighs 15 lbs 13 oz and is almost 25 inches long. That seems an extraordinary amount to grow to me, but apparently he is average.
He is more adorable and more smiley every day, and only slightly nerdy when his dad dresses him and insists on tucking everything in. Just like Mario wears it!! ha ha.
He is, however, getting some serious bald spots that make me wonder if I should buzz it all off??? He has the normal sleep spots, but it seems that more of the newborn hair is falling out and the new growth is blond so you can't see it. Very bad.
The doctor also said that he can start "playing" with food. That I can make him carrots, squash, potatoes, bananas and apples and put them in front of him and see if he grabs at them and then puts his hand in his mouth. He said it's more to develop motor skills than for nutrition at this point. But aren't all those great toys supposedly for motor skills and much less messy???

At any rate, I dutifully went home and boiled some carrots, being sure to boil them so long they would no longer have any nutritional value. :) I then mashed them and put them in this handy net pacifier thing.
Here is Gabe sucking at his first carrots. He seemed slightly confused, but kept sucking!
He was less interested in the apples I gave him the next day. Perhaps because they were harder and thus more difficult to get juice out of.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

As he gets bigger, I can totally see you in him. And his hair is changing color something fierce? It almost looks reddish, but maybe that is the brown falling out and the blond coming in. But I recall your sister Lindsey had very strawberry-blond hair when she was little....so you never know. I have never seen that net, pacifer thing? Interesting. Don't hold back on eventually doing the tofu mashed up with avocado or other veggies.....it gives it a creamy consistency and gives them protein. I hear you can feed them this around 5-6 months.

Brown Sugar said...

I am intrigued by the pacifier net. Question: is it acceptable for me to use this pacifier for an easy hands free snack while I am at school or is this something only balding babies can do?

Yours Truly,
Lindsay

p.s. yes I did have strawberry blonde hair and it was silky and beautiful. thank you

Jessica said...

Nice, Tammy with the baby food advice. (My kids have loved avocado!)

And if you have a high chair, food isn't that messy and it's the best toy of all. (For adults too!)

Sally said...

Adrianne, I hope you remember me, I'm a friend of Paige's. I read your blog every so often. Your sweet Gabe is adorable!

Paige said...

I am distressed that he is already eating solid food, here they've changed the rules to 6 months. And I don't think it's for the baby's health, it's because it's a pain in the butt to nurse AND feed real food for the mom. I never had one of those net things and I've survived, although they do look kind of cool.

He is adorable but he still looks all Mario to me. I like the pants tucked in.

Martababe said...

Cute pictures. I see a real mix of you and Mario. I'm still jealous of Gabe's hair because my girl still has none.

I almost got one of those net thing-y for Olsen, but never did. Then with the second one, you let them fend for themselves. I'm a bad mama, i know.... But hey, they're still alive and kick'n so I'm not too terrible. :)

Okay, and seriously, your boy is dang cute. I love the pictures of him and Mario together.

Celia Fae said...

I'm going to be a tad bit disappointed if Gabe turns blond. I want him to be a Latin Lover for Alice, who by the way loved those sucky things. And congratulations on weighing more than Alice, also. I love his shirt.

Nortorious said...

I have one of those bag things, they're great. Also try ice cubes in them. Do not put in dishwasher. Bananas also fit well and you can just jam a boiled carrot in and they dig that.
Give the hair a little trim a trim trim, but be careful cause it could get ugly.
Do you have zwieback crackers down there? They're good treats too.
One more thing, must his pants be tucked into his socks? That's demeaning. Is he going on an infant bike ride or something?
Come back to my blog.
http://nortorious.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

What are you doing for your birthday ms. Adrianne??