spots

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Identity Crisis

Gabe was experiencing premature baby-male-pattern balding, as evidenced by these photos.

So in a rash decision, I decided to allow my sister-in-law to get out the clippers and "even things out".

His hair was very fine, and didn't provide enough resistance to the blades.
Gabe hated it, wiggled and cried the whole time, and it was very difficult.
We needed Aunt Allie to help us, but she is far far away.

Now I have a baby with almost no hair (except for the random long lock that got missed), and he looks so different from my baby who was born with lots of brown hair that curled when it got wet that I feel very disoriented.

But now we can appreciate his big blue eyes better!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You are a very brave mama. So, is it coming in blond, or what?

Brown Sugar said...

Gabe looks even cuter, less mexican. Just Kidding! may I add a suggestion for a future hairstyle that is very becoming. Allow just his bangs to grow and keep the rest short, if you are having a hard time visualizing this let me know and I will send you countless pictures of young rascles with this same haircut.

Paige said...

Ok, that's a little sad that you shaved it. All moms are tempted, but you did it! I would have recommended just cutting because an infant doesn't look good with a crew cut, but the child looks adorable so go figure.

And now I think he looks almost exactly like Mario and less like you. Maybe you'll have a girl next to emulate your fabulous gene pool.

Celia Fae said...

I did that to Max and I was so sorry! I felt like he looked like he had fleas or lice or something so I had to baldify him.

I noticed Gabe's haircut in the Colton photos right away. He is smiling, but I agree he doesn't really look like I remember. Cause we used to hang out, me and Gabe.

Martababe said...

Wow, you did it. But I have to confess, I like it. He looks more like a baby with his hair so short. So cute. We didn't cut Olsens hair till he was two. I think Byron still regrets that.