spots

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Colton Joshua Smart

This is my nephew Colton (on the right - I don't know who that other kid is, but Colton must have punched his teeth out). Colton was the first grandchild in the Smart family, born eight years ago today.
The whole family was THRILLED to have baby Colton around. He was a sweet, mild-mannered child, and I loved him enormously. I loved him so much, that when his mom got pregnant with Kallie, I was worried that I couldn't love another kid as much as I loved Colton.But then came Kallie, and eventually Cade, and I do love them just as much as I love Colton, which is a LOT!Eight is a very special birthday, because now Colton gets to be baptized. I am very excited for him, because being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost are really important and exciting things in life, and I know Colton will always try to do what is right.
Now we have another baby in the family, baby Gabe, who is excited to meet his eldest Smart cousin Colton.



Happy Birthday Colton, we love you very very much and are very very sad we can't come to your baptism. Love, Adrianne, Mario & Gabe



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That baby is so incredibly adorable it kills me that I can't get my hands on him!! I wonder if he will be able to survive all of the "Gabe starved Smart women" when he comes for Christmas!! He just gets cuter every day, if that is possible. And, his hair doesn't look bad at all. I was thinking "shiny bald" and it's not so don't worry about it. In a couple of weeks he'll have lots of hair again. I love--love--love you!!! Mom

Nortorious said...

Colton sounds a lot like Solomon, also an extremely loveable child.

Ellie said...

Wow. Gabe can already type!

Nortorious said...

Boo, update already!

Lorena said...

Ooooh, look...I have a link now. Does that mean I can be one of your 100 BFFs?

Yes, Cade and Stacy moved back to Utah. They left us in the middle of the friggin' desert. Looks like you need to be doing some archiving on my blog.

And, don't tempt me by telling me that you will be up there in January. Just to be fair, you will have to come visit us, too! Bring your fabric samples.