spots

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Birthday Report

One week late, here are the birthday details. First, the day before my birthday my nice friends Stephanie and Janette surprised me with an incredibly rich and delicious chocolate cake. So fun. Then on Wednesday I woke up to Mario "Feliz Cumple! Do you want breakfast in bed? I don't know how to make anything, how about chocolate milk??" So I had a very tasty glass of chocolate milk to start my day. For lunch Mario and his parents took me to a fun little cafe on the river that had beautiful views of the green islands across the water, and I had a delicious sandwich with roasted vegetables and sun-dried tomatoes, uncommon delicacies here.

Then, Mario had planned a bowling party for me. They wouldn't let him make reservations, and said we had to buy food there, but we could bring any sweets we wanted with us. However, when we arrived, Mario went to the bar to order a bunch of pizzas, and they told him the cook was tired so she was just going home and we couldn't eat... because does it really matter if you're supposed to be open and you have a huge group of customers waiting? If you're tired, you should get to go home.
So we all bowled.... and then we went across to the food court (the bowling alley is in the mall) to eat. Kind of hilarious, but I supposed spending my birthday in the mall isn't entirely unfitting.

I have been drooling over Emy's birthday cake for a month now, so I decided to approximate something tall and chocolate and beautiful, and then got overwhelmed before I even started to decorate it. But it was an amazing chocolate cake, with chocolate butter cream frosting the the middle and chocolate ganache on the outside, with a strawberry cream sauce poured over each slice. Any doubt about how addicted I am to chocolate?? And I had to make my own cake, but then at least I got exactly what I wanted!

Low-key, but nice birthday from my very nice husband. I love you Mario!

15 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm noticing a trend here: Argentines aren't really up to speed on the customer service, are they?

I'm quick.

And why no picture of the cake?

Adrianne said...

cake is there, with 4 candles, in front of Mario Gabe and I...

what did you say about being quick?? :)

Nortorious said...

Cute outfit Mario.

Brown Sugar said...

Did you dress Mario? And even though this blog was about your birthday I feel that I need to tell you that Gabe has terrible posture. What a slouch! a very cute slouch. I love you. Try not to get all excited about Ashley coming and forgot about who came to visit you first and stayed longer.

Paige said...

I love you too Mario!

Lorena said...

OK, now I am starting to see more and more why my parents chose the U.S. over Argentina for us.

WashingtonDegn said...

If you think that your birthday this year was low-key, just wait until you have been married a little bit longer, have a few more kids, and are, as a consequence, a little poorer. I don't even think I got a card this year. But I still love Bruce.

wackywilsons said...

Happy birthday chica....you seem to not miss out on any fun occasions there in la patria....

That chocolate cake looked so dreamy, was it as good as it looked?

You son Gabe is adorable, I definitely love his blue eyes and his new haircut...the mullet is a hard one to pull off even for any child star!

When are you coming back to visit? My mom will be there in December and I hope that she can visit with you also...

loves,
Adrienne

Erika said...

that cake looks so good - send me a bite. Hope you had a Happy B-day. Being 29 must be so cool.

Celia Fae said...

Aren't you the new girl? How did you get so many friends? Oh, maybe it is the friendliness and extreme homemaking skills. Or the cute baby. Or the hot husband. Yeah, your life is good.

Happy birthday.

Tammy said...

Happy Belated, my card is in snail mail. you get to have a gift when you come to my house in January! I hope your day was fabulous. I miss you!!! The cake is amazing, you look so happy and cute. Bowling and food court can be fun if you are with fun people! love it

Julie said...

Glad to hear you had a rockin birthday, have I ever mentioned what an extremely good-looking family you have!

Celia Fae said...

Where are yoouuuu? Has Mario grounded you from your dirty lover, Mr. Computer?

Jessica said...

WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOU??!! NO COMMENTS, NO POSTING...I'm feeling closer to Lindsay than you. Get on the ball!

Jessica said...

It's Ashley, isn't it!