spots

Monday, March 31, 2008

Shopseeing in Chile

I have great sisters-in-law for many reason, but in part because they love to shop as much as I do. The only time we left the house when were in Chile was, obviously, to go shopping. We went to the funnest store, Casa & Ideas. It would have been a good store in the United States. In my present state of shopping dearth, it was pure heaven. I walked slowly through every aisle, carefully planning so that I missed NOTHING! We all walked out with multiple bags.

I also browsed the grocery store in this country that allows imports and thought I'd share with you what mundane items become very exciting after a period of denial:

tortilla chips, salad dressing, chocolate kisses for Gabe's Easter basket (which he kindly shared with his mom!) canned cherries (which I think I can make into cherry pie filling, which I don't normally love but sounded really good to me since I can't normally find it!) and mint extract, so I can make Blog brownies!

I am so easily entertained these days!

4 comments:

Linsey said...

I am so very happy for you and your new products. Put a list together of things you need/want and when we get to Venezuela you can have them sent to me for pick-up when you visit.

Erika said...

wow- it's amazing whatyou miss. I can't wait to hear how the brownies turn out... happy cooking

Jessica said...

SO happy for you. I have the best Cherry pie recipe, email me if you want it.

wackywilsons said...

I love your adventures and I hope you savored every drip of that salad dressing! Maybe even dipped your Doritos in it?? ha ha

That adventure to Chile was a great one. Good thing Gabe is small enough to enjoy a small crawling space...my two year old would've driven me outside to fight along the road too!

I love to see your pics of the scenery too and those wonderful people. I am also so glad that that yellow bird made it all they way! A great sacrifice on your part for sure.