spots

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Escapada (little escape)

First, my apologies for the delay in posting. I am habitually sporadic so I'm sure you are used to it. But this time it was because I haven't been able to load pictures.

Anyway, last Saturday I finally prevailed and convinced Mario we should go to the islands for the day. Close to the other side of the fairly wide Parana river there are islands to which you have to go by boat, and lots of people go to sunbathe and hang out. Mario always said they weren't that great, and had lots of mosquitos, but being the curious person I am I wanted to check them out anyway. Last Thursday and Friday were sunny and beautiful, so Saturday we invited a bunch of friends and headed out. Leaving the house Mario warned, "it's a little cold, maybe you want a hoodie?" Arriving on the island, it started to rain and we had to take refuge in a little restaurant/bar. But the rain soon stopped and even though it stayed overcast, we had the best time.

Here we are ready to get on the boat.
HEre is Gabe pulling on the rails. Very safe.
Here he is excited to be free of his stroller.
This is the dock on the island.
Mario and friends playing tejo, which is kind of like horseshoes.
Gabe contemplating the sand.
Gabe playing in the sand.

Gabe eating the sand.


Gabe loving the sand, and continuing to eat it. It was one of those great beach days where we didn't take off our sweatshirts, but it wasn't too hot or too cold, here was no one there and there was lots of clean sand and we just hung out...until about noon when the boat came back and told us we had to leave because they were afraid a storm was coming in and so weren't going to run anymore boats that day.

6 comments:

wackywilsons said...

I am privileged to be the first to post a comment Mrs. Popular!

Gabe is chubby and absolutely adorable!!

That sand looks so pretty, kind of an orange tint to it...

Good for you being adventurous and exploring a bit more of Argy-land:)

Jessica said...

We should be married to each other, because then there would be no prevailing needed.

Ellie said...

When the title said "Escapade" i thought for sure this post would be about Janet Jackson.

Unknown said...

I love days when your tits aren't to hot or cold.(I am reffering to what I am assuming was a typo in the last paragraph unless you really do love a mild tempered tit.)

Adrianne said...

while i do enjoy mild temperatures all over my body, the typo has now been corrected. That's what I get for trying to post while talking on the phone!

Paige said...

Why did you revise? All tits are good. Thank you for posting all those pics of his chubbiness. I wanna eat those arms.