spots

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Public Retraction

Quoted by one Adrianne anytime previous to 2005: "I choose not to shop at WalMart because I am opposed to their corporate policies and don't want to support them. Besides, creepy people crawl out of the woodwork and appear at WalMart."

Quoted by the same Adrianne last Saturday: " I don't know if we have time, but if there is nothing else planned I'd LOVE to go to WalMart."

I was visiting Mario's family in Santa Fe, and they have a WalMart. I have developed a strange obsession with going to this WalMart whenever I can. I walk around very slowly, absorbing the American-like atmosphere. It's a lot like home. The workers where terrible blue smocks. That dumb smiley face is on everything. They have less creepy people because it's considered more expensive here. I like to buy foreign things like peanut butter and Mexican Salsa.
The peanut butter says "Mediterranean food" on the label, but at least it doesn't have any sugar. I am the last one in the store and they have to kick me out to close at 11pm.

6 comments:

Linsey said...

True confession, I can't wait to go to Wal-Mart!

Erika said...

I too have the same objections to Wal-Mart... but everyone has to adjust their values once in a while for things like peanut butter... I mean come on.

Tammy said...

Just imagine if you had a Target!? By the way, I started a blog for Monica, check out the link on my site.

Ashley said...

Wal-Mart shopping is only allowed in foreign countries...thus, I am not breaking up with you for going there. I can't blame you - enjoy!

Jessica said...

Really, after my last experience at WalMart, I am done with that store.

And then I'll remember that Crumbled Feta costs $2 less there.

Paige said...

Next you will be wearing denim overalls when you aren't even pregnant, and letting your kid wear a dirty shirt. So much for resolve. Happens to the best of us.