spots

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Tribute

This is a tribute to my very lovely sister Ashley on the occasion of her birthday. I was reflecting back on some of the pearls of wisdom she has shared with me over the years, and I thought I'd share my favorites here:
  • "I almost hit that mailbox because I'm night blind, but you are less experienced, so drive worse than me, so I have to drive."
  • "You can DIE from a toe wound!"
  • "Adrianne, don't have sex with that man for fabric!!!"
Clearly, I never would have made it so far in life without her. Happy Birthday Ashley - I love you!!!



Gabe is very excited you are coming so soon. As is Mario, who had to get in on the picture taking.

And to all you readers of Ashley's blog, she is NOT bringing me a chocolate fountain. Therefore, I think she should fill her baggage allotment with other items. Please comment on what you think she should have to bring her poor sister who lives without all the finer things in life, such as Nordstrom, Trader Joe's, any kind of ethnic/spicy food, TJ Maxx Home Store, and I could go on. So please, if you were living in a 3rd World Country, what would you miss most??

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Milk that I trust. (Which I know doesn't help you.) And don't you really miss salsa? And peanut butter. (Hmmm, what is my focus?) Oh yeah, and don't you NOT have pre-softened beans? I would also miss those.

And stores with return policies. But she can't bring that. You just need to start a return revolution.

Paige said...

Dried apple chips from Tj's, and also oil of olay self tanner for the face.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't Paige. Paige would probably miss cute exercise clothes and her gym membership.

Ashley said...

Well, I am am the older sister - isn't it my duty to expel such wonderful wisdom to you? That aside - seriously touching - I got tearied eyed at precious Gabe and your thoughtfulness. Love you!

Erika said...

okay.. I'm not 3rd world but I too miss a few things from the motherland. Namely (Jessica will like this too)Butterfingers, a Great Harvest (good bread), Hostess Cherry Pie danish things... humm all food related.

Paige said...

I would miss cute exercise clothes and my gym membership. This is Paige. And really I'd never miss the gym.

Brown Sugar said...

wait. There is a Subway in your world isn't there? I would send you fake tattoos and pictures of domestic animals in human clothing but fortunately for everyone those things transcend to all worlds even the third.

p.s. ipods have been reduced in price.

Tiffany said...

I'm going to say See's Candy and Brach's Candy Corn :-) Tis the season ya know! Oh - and with Erika -- I'd miss Great Harvest bread. We even have it here in Kentucky!

Nortorious said...

Bring TJ's milk chocolate covered pretzels, the Indian food TJ's has in dried packets and naan, and the MAC counter at Nordstom's, including the made-up shemales.
I'd also miss a reliable postal service.