spots

Friday, November 02, 2007

Are We There Yet???

Really, I have to start this by saying my family is great. I live VERY far away, and the trip here is long and expensive, and record numbers of my family have made it down here to visit me. Most recently, was a visit from Ashley. Since she spent a good amount of time getting to know Buenos Aires on her first trip here, we decided to take her to the very north of Argentina so she and Mario could get to know Iguazu Falls.

It was a VERY LONG car trip, but it was very beautiful and we had a great time.
Heather, Ashley, Gabe and I on the walkway in Iguazu National Park.
An Iguana about 6 inches from our feet.
Us near one of the smaller falls. Gabe's asleep in the ergo carrier.
Mario and the amazing falls - not even the biggest ones!
Us, on the boat that took us out UNDER the falls. Mario claims I screamed "like a pig". It may be true.Mario and Gabe at Garganta del Diablo - the devil's throat.
Mario take a dip in the chilly water.The amazing quantity of water pouring down the falls. It was just pure white, the camera wouldn't even focus to take a picture wihtout the contrast on the borders.
Gabe taking a little snoozer outside the Jesuit Ruins.
Gabe's first dip in a pool. It was really to cold to take him in, so we just dangled his feet in the water.
Mario and I taking advantage of the pool after HOURS in the cars.
Gabe hanging out with Aunt Ashley.
In front of the museum at the Jesuit Ruins in San Ignacio.
What remains of the old chapel.
Walking through the living quarters.
another angle of the front of the church

So, Argentina has cool stuff, and we're fun, so you should come visit us.

7 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

That looks really cool. I can not believe that I have been there twice but haven't seen that stuff. Any bike tours? maybe I will come back.

Linsey said...

Yes, Argentina is cool and sadly we aren't coming back anytime soon, but not never. Speaking of water falls, I've heard they have some pretty big ones in Venezuela. We'll be there next year and you and the kids (?) and Mario should come! I know we're moving further North of you, but same continent still counts for something right? By the way, you look incredible!

Jessica said...

I seriously gasped out loud at those falls and just kept gasping louder!! I seriously need to see those sometime!

Erika said...

when will the travel guide be rested up so I can come visit! Everything looked sooo amazing. The falls really freaked me out - looking at the picture is close enough for me.

Tammy said...

That looks AWESOME! I must see it. I totally love Argentina and want to visit again! Thanks for the fabulous photos!

Tammy said...

That looks AWESOME! I must see it. I totally love Argentina and want to visit again! Thanks for the fabulous photos!

Martababe said...

AMAZING pictures. WOW, the water falls are beautiful and I love the chapel ruins. One day I will hopefully get over there. I will have to agree with Linsey, you look great. Man, did you walk out of the hospital in you pre-preggo jean?? I hate you. Okay, I love you, but I'm jealous. :)