spots

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gabe 5 Months

Monday we went for Gabe's 5 month checkup and he continues growing like a weed and in great health. He is now 18 pounds, 26.5 inches long. I wanted to try a new pediatrician because I don't love his current one. Nothing major wrong, just don't love him. So I made an appointment with a new one, but at the same clinic because it's part of the hospital where he was born and it's convenient and I like it. So I spent the whole time I was checking in, and in the waiting room PARANOID that his regular ped. would come out and ask what I was doing...and thinking that if he did at least it would have made for a more interesting blog. But alas it was completely uneventful other than that the new ped. kept referring to Gabe as "Dr. xxx's patient". Maybe there's some ethical thing to stealing patients from each other so they're going to force me to go back to the original???

Here are some pictures from one of Gabe's many photo shoots.

His new tricks are blowing spit bubbles and rolling over. But he grunts and grunts until he rolls over, and then is ticked because looking at the ground isn't very interesting and he doesn't know how to roll back yet!

He also likes to suck his fingers and watch television. Baby Einstein videos are great, but really he's not that discriminating. It's REALLY hard to think about preventing a bad habit when you really want to get something done and you know that will buy you 40 minutes...

(p.s. I tried new picture options, and it's not so good. How do you arrange pics in this thing???)

7 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

He looks so different. Especially in the picture where he has face planted on the floor.

Linsey said...

He is really starting to look a lot like you. His coloring has changed too. It is amazing how much they change in the beginning. The picture thing is a crap shoot, good luck.

Lorena said...

He seriously gets cuter with every picture you send. My girls are sitting here with me and all they keep saying is, "Awwww..."

Paige said...

I can't believe the child is 18 lbs at 5 months. My kids are 18 lbs at one year. You must be an excellent mother. He is so cute and looks much older! Can you get him to stop growing until I see him on my birthday weekend?

Jessica said...

LOVE the stuck on his tummy picture. SO FUNNY.

Erika said...

Love all your mom adventures. Gabe is adorable and I love that he gets stuck. If summer gets too hot for him, send him to Canada and he and Connor and chill out.

Martababe said...

Gabe is getting cuter and cuter. I love the smiles he is making. So Handsome!!

I believe in changing ped's if you don't really like him. I changed Olsen's when he was 18 mo. and I wish I changed him earlier. I LOVE LOVE my new ped. And her name is Marta too. So she has to be great!