spots

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Good Things

Solid Food
Gabe has started on cereal - or the closest sugar-free approximation I can find here. He eats it right up - so he must like it!! And I know the baby books say it has no correlation, but he has slept 11 hours both nights after eating. You notice from the double chin that he was starving before and needed more food...

Cousins

New Cousin Khloe was born on Sunday!!! She is beautiful and has her sister Kallie's mouth and we can't wait to meet her. You can keep updated on her and her siblings on their new blog.

Cousin Pilar came to our house for a few hours while her parents did some errands, and Gabe LOVED her. He had missed his nap, but did not care as he had constant entertainment watching her run around and play with all his toys. He loves her, and we're very happy to report she is over her jealousy and liking him a lot too these days.

Abuelas

Gabe loves his Abuela Susana. She calls him "pitufito" or little smurf, and he always rewards her with big smiles and laughs. We celebrated her birthday here with French Dip sandwiches and chocolate cake. both very yummy.
Ice Cream
I decided that for Family Home Evening Monday night we should make ice cream. Mario was very skeptical, but I put the ingredients in a zip lock bag, put that in an old baby formula can surrounded by ice and rock salt, and after 20 minutes of rolling it around on the floor, VOILA! we had chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream!! (You didn't think I would choose any or flavor did you??)


Baby Boys


Gabe is getting very wiggly. I'm not sure I'm a fan, but I guess I don't have a choice. Here he has wiggled his way right out of his chair and almost falling on the floor. Don't worry, I didn't run to his rescue, I ran to get the camera so I could post it on my blog. I am dedicated to you my dear blog readers!

9 comments:

Mindy said...

adrianne
love the new blog look and gabe is adorable with his two chins. did you do your blog background? i am sure you did since you are so "smart"

Erika said...

you are all over this mom thing. I was thinking today how together you have got it - it took my 6 monhs to figure out the sleeping thing. It didn't occur to me I would actually bring home a baby from the hospital. (couldn't get past the worry of labor) And you - all the reading "healthy Sleep Habits" (our family bible) Baby Wise - you're one slick mamma. My 2 American friends and I are spending the day cooking tomorrow for our annual American Thanksgiving in Canada meal. But, it's freezing here and seems appropriate. I'll eat some turkey for you. xoxox

Nortorious said...

Yeah, I believe that food equals better sleep. I stuff my kid silly.

Linsey said...

Khloe, Gabe, Pilar, so many cute kids!

Jessica said...

Nice update. Can he wiggle his way to No. America, please?

wackywilsons said...

Your baby is adorable. I am impressed that you made some ice cream on your own...very creative woman!

What ever happened with the nap situation? Do you plan on making your food or buying it? It is so easy and healthy if you are ambitious enough to make it (which I have no doubt you already have your puree in hand!)

I also enjoyed your comments on Economics, it definitely is teaching all of us how grateful we should be to have such priviledges here in the USA.

Mar said...

Can't believe how much Gabe looks like his papa. Of course you'd make ice cream in a zip lock bag and used bottle something or other. You are the domestic equivilent of MacGyver...way cooler than Martha Stewart! xoxo mar

Tammy said...

Love the blog look, you must tell me how to do it....email me! I love that you made ice cream. How fun?! You are fabulous, as usual. Go to my blog for skinny jeans updates.

Ellie said...

Sweet GABE! He looks so full and happy. Just like me.