spots

Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween in the spring time

These are my american friends, Janette and Stephanie. We planned a halloween party at Janette's house for ourselves and a few other anglophiles so we could dress up our kids and eat lots of suger.
This is Gabe THIRLLED to be dressed as a caterpillar in essentially what was a very warm sleeping bag, as we enter the muggy hot summer season here in Rosario. His mom did not care. Fashion is a sacrifice, better he learn that now.
This is the pumpkin cake Stephanie and I made, with the frosting melting off...

Gabe having a non-sugar snack.
Stephanie, Gabe and I with my "graveyard" dessert for lunch.
Janette even carved pumpkins and had a lighted path to the doorway. It really felt like Halloween!
Gabe the caterpillar. There was much debate as to whether or not caterpillars actually have legs, but the description when I bought it said caterpillar so stop calling him a centipede! I was a very poorly executed butterfly.
Mario and Claudio were Taliban. I'm sure that's not pc, but Stephanie got it together and I didn't have to do anything, so we went with it. Mario is making his best serious face. Gabe was tired of his costume and so I finally changed his clothes.

9 comments:

Linsey said...

I hate when I post several posts in one day and no one comments, so I am going to keep commenting until you stop posting - in case you fee the same way. Caterpillars definitely have legs, 2 different kinds in fact. That costume is fabulous even if I'm sure he was roasting inside.

Jessica said...

YAY! Man, it was so sad when you were gone. Cute cute Gabe! And you are (so surprising) as skinny as a super-model.

Lorena said...

What did those crazy Argentines think of your Gringo holiday?

wackywilsons said...

I have enjoyed catching up on your blog...you always amaze me with your creativity! You did more for halloween than I did this year(I blame it on living in a dab apartment where my decor have been packed up for 8 months now....can't wait to move into our remodeled house SOMEDAY...) I loved the cake, the caterpillar/butterfly and all of it! The Men of the Sudan were scary....

I am so glad you also have some amazing family members that can come and visit you so often! Those much needed supplies are essential, especially clothing for gringas altas como vos.

I loved your Iguazu falls pics! I visited that same place, ruins and all 10 years ago...I was in awe back then and your pics reminded me of that beauty. Good for you for making the trip..and while Gabe is still itty bitty and doesn't complain too much.

I love you blog!

Julie said...

I am so happy you are back, i felt like a part of me was missing, i kept checking your blog..and nothing. So thanks for all the updates. Gabe's costume is awesome, and you look fantastic.

Brown Sugar said...

I love Mario's serious face and Gabe's unhappy sweaty face because he is overheating inside his costume. You should have been a sexier butterfly, im suprised you didin't know that.

Nortorious said...

Um, where is your celulite in the bathing suit picture below? Did you not have a baby this year? Are you ALREADY back in shape? Eat, woman.
Did Paige see the picture of Gabe with a bottle? She's going to attack you.

Ashley said...

Nice catch up on the blogging. HOwever, where is my homage as the star sister that hiked your child out of Iguazu Falls and nearly stroked out at the additional 20 lbs. strapped to her body & the up hill hike? Do you not remember our deal?

Tammy said...

Great costumes, great humor! I love it all. Gabe had the same costume as Abby's Shelby! How fun.