spots

Monday, February 11, 2008

8 new things for being 8 months old

1. New clothes. As he now weighs in at 22 pounds an 30 inches long, he is quickly outgrowing his current clothes. According to the chart here, that puts him in the 97% percentile for height and weight. I don't have any idea if the scales are the same, anyone want to inform me??

2. Lots of babbling ma ma ma, da da da, pa pa pa, myriad other sounds and singing. He is especially chatty when he's ready to go to bed at night, and often sings (moans? we're not sure) to himself for a good 20 minutes in bed.

3. Eatings lots of new foods...he doesn't seem to care too much for chicken, but loves squash with rice.
4. Gabe has discovered books, and one of the few times he actually sits still is when I read to him. He even makes random grunts as if he's laughing at Dr. Seuss.

5. 1st TOOTH! After approximately 4 months of "signs of teething", his first actual tooth popped through. I discovered it when he climbed up on me and bit my nose and I realized it wasn't just gums... which brings us to

6. climbing. Gabe is under the impression I am a climbing wall. He wants to be held all the time, wants me to be standing while holding him, and he wants to try and scale me. In a light practice run today he suceeded overcoming the mini-wall in the bathroom and joining Mario in the shower.

7. After several weeks of getting on all fours and rocks, Gabe is officially crawling. He still isn't exactly proficient at it, especially not in long pants and socks on our slick wood floors, but get him on the carpet at church and he goes like crazy!

8. STANDING!!! I went in to get him up from his nap today and this is what I found:
He is so proud of himself. Notice that the bed is already too short - which is a whole new post, or a continuation of an old post, however you want to look at it.

Can I request that my baby stay a baby just a little bit longer???

8 comments:

Lorena said...

I think your request will be denied, but just warning you that EVERY stage is a fun one...I am so excited for you!

Paige said...

Oh the adorableness. Just wait until he stands there and can't sit down! He'll cry and cry until you come in and lay him down, or you just let him fall down when you are sick of laying him down.

He's not too small for his crib until he can get his leg swung up over the bar.

Paige said...

I mean too big for his crib.

Jessica said...

It is so cute when they do the first standing-up-in-the-crib. And they always teeth FOREVER.

Tammy said...

you are such a great mom, he is so cute!! miss you guys

wackywilsons said...

Your baby is such as sweet little man...I am excited to see more of him and to see him walking!

I hadn't seen pics of his nursery before...very very well done.

Gotta love that blue shower, and the mini wall!

Anonymous said...

Well, here goes. I never seem to be able to leave a comment but I can't stand that my adorable baby is so far away!! Both of my babies actually, you and him!! Seeing those pictures makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I love you!!! Mom

Julie said...

i can't believe he is already crawling, what a champ! Elliot is 14 months and still not walking!